Starlink is a promising choice for people living in remote areas because it’s satellite internet. It’s a highly secure and scalable internet connection, which comes with its native app for controlling and adjusting the settings. However, many people have been worried about the greyed-out network icon on the Starlink app, so let’s check out the solutions!
Starlink App Network Greyed Out Fix:
- Check The Wi-Fi Connection
First of all, the network will be greyed out on the Starlink app when the Wi-Fi feature is turned off. The simplest solution is to turn on the Wi-Fi connection, but it has to be done from the computer. For this purpose, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Open the control panel on your computer and open the network and sharing center
- Then, click on the “change adapter settings” option
- Now, right-click on the same adapter and choose the enable option
- Then, connect to the wireless network, and the icon won’t be greyed out anymore
- Network Troubleshooter
The second solution is to run the network troubleshooter on the computer or the device where you are using the Starlink app. To run the network troubleshooter, you have to follow the following instructions;
- Click on the network icon and tap on the “troubleshoot problems” button, and follow the on-screen prompts
- Now, press the Windows and W key once and type in “troubleshooting,” and press the enter button
- The next step is to tap on network and internet and click on the network adapter option
- As a result, the on-screen prompts will appear on the screen, so just follow them, and the network will be optimized (the greyed-out network icon won’t be there)
In various cases, the above-mentioned solutions don’t work, and the network icon remains greyed out on the Starlink app. In that case, there are chances that the wireless adapter is disabled or turned off from BIOS. To fix this issue, you have to add BIOS and save it as default. Once BIOS is set as default, you’ve to sign in again and open the Windows Mobility Center from the control panel. Then, turn on the wireless adapter, and the network will start working.
- Physical Switch
If you are using the Starlink app on the computer and the network icon is greyed out, there are chances that you have turned off the Wi-Fi through the physical switch on the keyboard. In that case, we recommend that you look for the Wi-Fi button on the keyboard and turn it on to make sure the Wi-Fi is enabled. In the majority of cases, pressing the function and F2 keys together will turn on the Wi-Fi.
The Bottom Line
Starlink app is one of the most convenient ways of resolving internet issues, making changes to the wireless settings, and changing the password. However, if you are having issues with the app, such as the network icon greyed out, you should try these solutions. In case you are still having the same issue, call the customer support team for advanced troubleshooting.