DirecTV is a well-known entertainment service provider in the market as they provide cable boxes and receivers. These receivers are designed to allow users to watch the satellite TV channels through the dish. The dish is installed when it’s facing the southern skies. In case you have only one receiver but want to connect it to one more TV in a separate room, it’s possible. So, if you were wondering how to watch DirecTV in another room without a box, you’ve come to the right place because we have the instructions available for you!
How To Watch DirecTV In Another Room Without a Box?
To begin with, it is completely possible and you only need the coaxial cable and a splitter for establishing this connection. Before we add more information, let us tell you that if you keep using one receiver for two different TVs, both of these TVs will show the same content. In simpler words, one channel will be broadcasted on both TVs. Now, let’s have a look at the instructions.
- First of all, the users need to invest in the two-way splitter as they are designed with two outputs and one input
- Next, you must position the coaxial cable into the room on the DirecTV receiver’s input port (it brings signals into the room)
- Now, position the short-length coaxial cable on the receiver’s output and connect another end of the same coaxial cable to the splitter’s input port
- The next step is to place the coaxial cable on the splitter’s output and run the other end of the same coaxial cable to the first TV unit. Also, you have to insert the cable on the TV’s input
- Then, run the coaxial cable (the second one) on the splitter’s second output to the second TV’s input
- Now, just switch on the DirecTV receiver and both your TVs (even if they are in different rooms) and you will see the same channel on both TVs. Also, the users need to tune the TV into channel three for receiving the picture
For the most part, connecting both TVs to one DirecTV box is possible if the users need to watch the same channel and content. However, if you want to view a different channel, you have to invest in a second box for your TV in another room. For this purpose, you have to sign and agree to the programming agreement with DirecTV.
This is important because if you don’t sign the agreements, you will be charged the extra fee which is around $480. In addition, the second receiver box will cost an extra $5 on a monthly basis. The users can get admitted to the DVR service when they pick the DVR receiver or HD DVR receiver. Moreover, the users can stream DirecTV content on their TV through a phone, and the instructions are mentioned below;
- The first step is to open the DirecTV apps and choosing the menu button
- Scroll down to the TV option and choose the respective receiver
- As a result, you will be able to watch the TV on your smartphone and you can also choose the device type
- The users need to select the program for enjoying the content on the TV even if it’s placed in another room
When it comes down to using DirecTV on two different TVs, the users often consider if there are additional costs for every TV. To illustrate, the users can enjoy the features of two DirecTV DVRs by paying around $7 for one month. In addition, extra charges are applicable if you have to connect more TVs. In case you have to connect one TV, a regular receiver works fine.
However, the coaxial cable and splitter are needed if you want to hook the DirecTV box with two TVs. Keep in mind that using one receiver will stream or broadcast the same channel, shows, or programs on both TVs unless you purchase a second receiver.
The Bottom Line
To summarize, it’s possible to connect two TVs with one receiver or box which allows the users to enjoy the same programs on both TVs at once. That being said, you no longer have to sit with everyone in one room to watch one TV show or movie.