As more and more business is done through emails, a faster and more practical way of exchanging information, the more important it gets to keep your inboxes in order.
Most companies also opt for emails rather and couriers running up and down the city with envelopes, it being a more eco-friendly form of sharing information.
However, this more practical and eco-friendly way of doing business still takes its toll as more organisation methods are demanded in order to keep businesses afloat.
Regarding a more personal – as in opposition to the professional aspects of life -emails are also largely used. Either for common daily things such as scheduling lunch or dinner, managing bookings and flight itineraries for trips or even to simply get the latest news that day.
For all of the possible aspects of life which involve email exchanges, it becomes of utmost importance to be able to access, read and manage inboxes.
But what happens when you try to open your email app and it just will not respond? Or when you are prompted to insert a password that you simply cannot remember?
It can definitely make people lose their cool when they are not able to reach their email inbox, even though most of the time the reason it is happening is because of a minor issue.
As more people try performing the easier fixes for common minor issues with technology, the less necessary customer support departments become.
These easy fixes are everywhere on the internet nowadays and they seem to cover pretty much any sort of issue people and businesses might have with their electronic devices and gadgets.
As reported by many users, many of these issues are related to email ID, not up-to-date or compatible browsers and many other fairly simple reasons.
According to AT&T, one of the top carriers in the U.S. territory, next to Verizon and T-Mobile, many users have reported experiencing email issues with their mobiles or even computers and laptops.
Upon checking their forums and Q&A pages, one can easily see that there is a range of reasons why users are experiencing issues with email services.
Additionally, most of these issues are related to account setup, misconfigured auto-forwarding features that send emails in the inbox to the wrong folders, or even to users who forget their usernames and passwords.
As stated by the carrier, many users have reported to experience a variety of minor issues upon attempting to access their emails. As it goes, many users are receiving an error message that says “AT&T Email Not Found On Accelerator” and it causes the app to stop running or simply does not allow access to the inbox.
Due to the fact that these issues have been reported over and over on AT&T forums and Q&A pages, we came up with a list of five easy fixes that will help you figure it out when your email app decides to stop working.
So, without further ado, here is what you can do to fix the “Email Not Found On Accelerator” issue and get your email app running as it should.
How To Fix AT&T Email Not Found On Accelerator
First of all, as it has been commented upon by many AT&T customers, the “email not found on accelerator” issue has three main fronts. So let us walk you through all of the fronts separately. This is because dealing with one may already fix your problem and get your email app properly running.
If The Problem Is With Accessing Your Email
- As your email probably holds sensitive or business-related information, a security system is more than necessary. This is why users are prompted to insert username and passwords. So, make sure to have them around, so you won’t have to remember it every time you are asked to type it in to access your email. Also, be sure to type it correctly, as the security system will not allow you access if you type the password incorrectly.
- Should you forget your password and you never wrote it down, simply contact AT&T customer help online and allow them to walk you through the recover or reset password procedures.
- Should your email security verification not grant you access due to a mistyped password, although you are quite sure you typed in the correct one, go through the reset password feature and get a fresh one.
Now, should your email issue not be related to usernames or passwords, there is a big chance the problem is with loading the login page. Should you find yourself amongst this group, bear with us and attempt the suggestion below:
If The Problem Is With Loading The Login Page
- Every computer, laptop, tablet, and mobile will have a storage unit for temporary files that ease the connectivity with other systems, platforms, and even apps. The problem is that this storage unit is not infinite in capacity, so it tends to get overfilled every now and then. So, make sure to keep an eye on the cache of your device and clear it periodically to avoid experiencing issues with apps that cannot run due to a lack of space.
- The same thing can happen if you have too many cookies on your computer. Cookies are small files that help visited pages open and run faster. So, make sure to get rid of those as well as you clear the cache of your browser.
- Many features email apps offer can only be accessed and used with updated browsers. Additionally, updates work as a way for developers to deliver fixes for minor issues they could not foresee upon the release of the browser in the first place. Keeping your browser updated will definitely help your system run the email apps smoother and prevent issues related to the lack of compatibility.
- Should you experience the email issue – even with an updated browser – you might have to try a different one. Some browsers simply do not have compatibility with select platforms, no matter how updated they are.
- Some firewall systems may also cause a lack of compatibility with email apps and add them to the list of programs denoting that they may be harmful to your device. If you know how to do it, access your app vault and remove the email app from the list of harmful programs. If not, simply deactivate the firewall before running the email app.
- As many email contents may need a Flash Player, make sure to have Adobe Flash Player installed and updated in your device.
Thirdly, there is also the chance the email issue with accelerator on AT&T is related to not being able to receive emails. That may cause you to miss out on a business meeting or to be unaware of what is going on around you as the newsfeed will not reach your inbox.
If The Problem Is With Receiving Emails
- The most common cause for this issue is a problem with the automatic forwarding feature of your email app. That may cause emails to get sent to the wrong folder or even to a span or trash folder. Simply check your spam and trash folders periodically and, should you find an email that do not belong there, inform your email app that this one should not be sent to the spam or trash folders.
- There is always the chance your email got hacked and your account is compromised. Average email apps do not offer enough layers of security to prevent all kinds of invasions by hackers. Should your account be hacked, you will have to report it to AT&T and trust them to recover it.
- Lastly, running third-party email programs, such as Outlook, may cause the accelerator to not locate your email address, so disable it before running the email app on your device.
We hope this list of easy fixes helped you solve the “email not found on accelerator” issue with AT&T and that the troubleshooting guide brought you new ways of maintaining your inboxes health. Should you find out about any other easy fixes that may help our readers, make sure to let us know in the comments section.