Hughesnet is one of the very few satellite internet providers in the USA. They are offering some truly fast speeds that are unimaginable otherwise with unbelievable plans at a fraction of cost. Their top-quality services, more data limits, and better connectivity are making them grow as one of the best satellite internet service providers across the US region.
Not only that, but they are also offering some impeccable quality on voice over satellite connection as well. All these services from HughesNet are being offered at competitive rates and you can enjoy the best internet without putting a dent on your wallet.
To understand what is satellite Internet and the features it entails it is better you have a better understanding of Satellite internet service and how it works.
Traditional internet and its cons
We are all aware of traditional internet service providers that are offering their services as broadband through fiber optic cables or over WiFI. We have also used cellular internet connection over our mobile phones that uses the signals transmitted over those cellphone towers that help with the connectivity.
All these internet services are a step behind Satellite internet as you are fundamentally relying on a lot of factors and there are multiple data processing points.
You have to rely on cables for getting the internet, and data is processed each time on your modem, then the central server of your ISP, and then it is broadcasted over the internet. This necessarily causes you to lose a lot of speed during the processing.
What is Satellite Internet
Satellite internet is a strong internet protocol that does not rely on any form of traditional servers. It connects your satellite-enabled modem directly to an optimized satellite that will enable you to have a stable internet connection no matter where you are. There are no servers involved for the processing of data, hence you are directly connected to the internet through a satellite that means much faster speeds and more secure and stable internet connectivity.
- Speed: HughesNet Gen5 internet connection allows you to experience truly unmatched speeds over the internet. Each connection is directly connected to the satellite so you can ensure that each time you connect to the internet, you will be getting the same speed despite the network traffic or any other conditions like signal strength, etc.
- More Data limits: Satellite internet usually costs a lot more than traditional internet as it essentially has more operating costs. You are getting a direct connection to some internet satellite so the data limits are relatively lesser than other internet mediums if you are using any satellite internet. HughesNet provides you peace of mind with more data limits so you can confidently browse the internet or stream videos without having to worry about data limits. You will eventually be paying less for more data that you are consuming over the internet.
- Built-in Wi-Fi: All the receivers for HughesNet satellite internet come with built-in Wifi features so you will not need to buy a separate wifi router for your internet. All you have to do is just set up the receiver and enjoy super-fast and stable internet over WiFi on all your devices.
Satellite internet such as HughesNet has optimal speed all the time and there are hardly any disturbances. It is less likely for consumers to face any sort of issue with HughesNet speeds. However, if you still feel that your internet connection is on lesser speed than usual, there are some steps that you can take to ensure getting the best speed on your Internet connection.
How To Fix HughesNet Slow Internet
1) Inspect the equipment
HughesNet comes with a satellite dish that works as a transponder between the satellite and your modem. You need to inspect the equipment thoroughly and check for any wear and tear that might be causing your internet to slow down.
Also, you need to ensure that there is no debris or dust over your satellite dish that might be causing your internet connection to slow down. You also need to ensure that the dish is positioned properly towards the sky as recommended by HughesNet upon installation to get the best possible speed on your HughesNet internet connection.
2) Settings of your router and modem
There are multiple complex settings on your modem and router that can possibly limit the speed of your internet connection. You need to ensure that there are no speed limits active and to ensure an optimal connection you can reset all the settings to default. This will ensure that you can get the best speed of HughesNet satellite internet on all the devices that you might be using.
3) Position of your Wifi Router
You might be facing slow speed issues over HughesNet satellite internet if your wifi router is placed away from the device you are using the internet on. The distance between a device and wifi router can cause you to face speed issues. You need to ensure that the devices you want to use the internet on our place in a close radius to the WIFI router.
Not only that, if you have a bigger house and you feel signal strength of your WIFI router cannot reach all the places, you might consider using a stronger router for your home or you can also use wifi extenders to get better signal strength in all parts of your home.
4) Contact HughesNet
If none of the above solutions is working for you, you need experts to take care of the problem for you. What you need to do in such scenarios is, just give them a call and they will diagnose the situation for you.
HughesNet staff can reposition your Dish Satellite with their own calibration to receive the best signal strength from the satellite, inspect all the equipment for you or simply change your satellite, routing you to the best satellite with maximum signal strength and top internet speed for your area.
These are some of the steps that you can take to fix HughesNet slow internet. If nothing seems out working for you, you might need to reconsider your connection choice.