Having a suitable VPN service has become essential for the users amidst the rising cybersecurity threats. The majority of users depend on regular VPN services to secure their connections but nothing works better than Surfshark. This is because Surfshark can be connected to smart TVs to optimize the internet connection for streaming on the TV. So, let’s see how to use Surfshark on a smart TV.
How To Use Surfshark On Smart TV?
Smart TVs can be connected to the internet to optimize the streaming experience and helps stabilize the connectivity. Connecting the VPN can protect smart TV from cyber threats that usually impact the security of the connection. For this reason, people use Surfshark as it’s one of the best VPN services with advanced encryption standards to make sure there are no security loopholes. So, with this section, we are sharing how to use Surfshark on the smart TV and secure the connection;
- First of all, you need to ensure that you have purchased a subscription to your VPN service (Surfshark) and have the account credentials available on hand
- Then, switch on your smart TV and open the settings
- From the settings, open the network settings and connect to the Wi-Fi
- Now, open the router settings on your internet browser (you can use the router’s IP address to access the dashboard, and from the dashboard, you can open the router settings)
- Skim through the menu to find the VPN option
- Now, add a new VPN by adding the credentials of your Surfshark account
- Save the changes and your internet connection will be VPN-encrypted
- Now that the internet connection is encrypted, your smart TV will be connected to a VPN-encrypted internet connection
On the other hand, many people tend to use the smart DNS method for connecting Surfshark to the smart TV but it’s a very complicated process as you have to install the DNS address on the TV. This is because the Surfshark isn’t natively supported on smart TVs, Roku, and Chromecast, which is why securing the internet connection is the most viable and convenient option.
Unable To Connect Surfshark On Smart TV
If you are having a problem connecting Surfshark on the smart TV, there are high chances that something is wrong with the internet connection and device. So, in the section below, we are sharing some tips that can help connect Surfshark to the TV without any connectivity errors;
- Make sure that you have subscribed to the paid plan of Surfshark VPN service because the free plans don’t really work on third-party devices
- You have to check the internet connection because Surfshark needs a high-speed internet connection to work properly. If the internet speed seems to be slow, reboot your internet modem or router or just upgrade to a better internet plan
- Check the subscription because if you have subscribed to the paid VPN plan but the company hasn’t processed the payment, the VPN won’t work. In that case, you have to call your VPN service’s customer support