The routers are essential components of the internet connections as they can directly influence the quality of internet performance. However, with the rising internet security issues, people like to enable VPNs on their routers. So, if you have an Asus router and want to learn how to setup the VPN, this article includes all the essential information.
How To Setup VPN On Asus RT-AC66U
The router needs security just like other devices. For this reason, you can connect to the VPN, and you can follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- First of all, open your router account and use the username and password for logging in. If you need to use the default settings, use “admin” as the password and username unless you have changed it in the past
- Once you are logged in, tap on the VPN option from the left side panel (you will be able to find the option under the advanced settings)
- Then, choose the VPN client option that’s on the top
- Click on the “add profile” option and click on your VPN service
At this point, you will need to enter some information. In the description field, you have to add the description that will help recognize the VPN connection, and the username and password will have the respective information. In addition to this, you can download the configuration files from the official website of the VPN service you are using and extract the files.
- Open the router and select the “choose file” option to select the files that you just downloaded. Once you have selected the files, upload them and tap on the OK button
- Then, just click on the connection button, and there will be a connection status box – it will show that your router is connected to the VPN service. As a result, the network and devices will be devices
- Last but not least, just check the IP address and location to make sure the VPN connection is working properly
Benefits Of Using VPN On Asus Router
Now that you understand how to set up the VPN service on the Asus router, you must know the benefits of setting up the virtual private network. In the section below, we are outlining the benefits of using the VPN.
1. Protects Multiple Devices
First of all, once you have set up the VPN on your router, it will be able to protect whichever devices are connected to the network. It is a great feature to protect the devices from security threats. It doesn’t matter which devices are connected to the router; they will be automatically protected with the VPN services.
In addition to this, you will be able to achieve higher security standards on smart TVs, game consoles, e-readers, and activity trackers. It is needless to say that these devices are non-native to the VPN services but connecting them to VPN will surely help save important information regarding the subscriptions.
2. Protects The Business Data
Another great benefit of using the VPN on the router is its ability to protect business data. It will help protect the devices being used by the clients and employees to make sure the sensitive business data is saved at all times.