ZyXEL is a well-known name in the market when it comes to the wireless internet industry. This is because they have curated a list of powerline adapters that help extend the wireless network and set up Ethernet connections for multiple devices. So, if you have purchased an adapter, let’s check out the ZyXEL powerline setup, so you can start using the internet.
ZyXEL Powerline Setup – Everything To Know
The powerline adapters are known for the plug-and-play feature, which means once you plug it into the electrical outlet, it will start scanning the network for other devices to connect with. Once it connects to the device, the traffic transmission will begin. On the other hand, the advanced configuration is needed when the device has a wireless framework and the devices and electrical system have to be encrypted.
If you want to install it on the home network, it will be an extremely simple process. This is because all you have to do is to connect the powerline adapter to the power outlet and let it discover the devices that you need to connect. However, keep in mind that you shouldn’t plug the adapter into a surge protector because it impacts the adapter’s capacity to transmit the signals.
For this reason, connect the powerline adapter directly to the wall socket. When the powerline adapter is switched on, connect the Ethernet cable from the adapter to the internet router. Then, connect the other side of the Ethernet cable to the device, such as a computer or set-top box. As far as the number of adapters is concerned, it depends on the model you are using.
This is because the smaller adapters can only support eight devices on a network, and since they can support four networks, you can connect over 32 powerline adapters on one connection. On the other hand, if you are using a bigger adapter, you can connect over 64 adapters on the electrical connection since one network support sixteen devices – there are four networks.
Setup Issues With ZyXEL Powerline Adapters
When it comes down to the powerline adapters by ZyXEL, some users have been complaining about the setup errors. In the section below, we are sharing the common issues faced by users;
1. Syncing Issues
- If the devices aren’t properly syncing, it’s recommended that you connect the adapters to one electrical outlet to bypass the potential wiring errors
- Secondly, you need to ensure that the Ethernet session has been activated on the adapter, or else, the device will go into the standby mode
- Reboot the adapter by disconnecting it from the power outlet, waiting for over thirty seconds, and plugging it back into the electrical outlet
2. Low Transfer Speed
The users invest in powerline adapters to enhance the internet speed, so if the transfer speed is low, it’s extremely frustrating. So, let’s see what can be done to fix the low transfer speed;
- Try to minimize the physical obstructions between the router and powerline adapters
- If the internet speed is slow, it can also reduce the throughput, which is why it’s recommended to upgrade the internet plan
In case you’ve any issues setting up the powerline adapter, call ZyXEL customer support!