How to Setup Netgear Powerline 500 in Simple Steps? To set up your Netgear powerline 500 connection, you need to use Ethernet cables or Wi-Fi adapters to connect your devices’ network adapters to the Powerline 500 adapter(s). To get started with your Netgear powerline 500 installations, you need to be familiar with these basic networking terms: IP address and Subnet Mask. If you are not, do not worry and just read our guide below, which will explain everything you need to know about setting up Netgear powerline 500.
How To Setup Netgear Powerline 500
The Netgear Powerline 500 packaging has two adapters and two ethernet cables. One is a Wi-Fi Access point, and the other is an Adapter. They’re usually codenamed, which you can find on the packaging. Now, let’s jump to the essential part of this guide.
Setting up PLW500 is pretty simple; here’s how we will set up Netgear Powerline 500 in easy-to-understand steps.
- First, you’ll need an Ethernet cable with the packaging itself, or you can use your preferred line if you have any laying around.
- Plug one end of your Ethernet cable in any LAN port of your router
- Plug the other end into your Powerline 500 adaptor
- Plug it into a wall socket and switch it on
- The power LED will stop flashing and stay on
- Now, you’ll need the second powerline 500 device
- Plug that into the wall (it doesn’t matter if it should be close to the 1st device or not, it’s for your preference, but note that it should not be plugged into a power strip, the company recommends against it. If you decide to go against it, you’ll be using it at your own risk) then switch it on and wait for the power LED to turn on.
- Usually, establishing a connection between the two devices takes a while, so stop panicking if it doesn’t connect.
- Once both lights are solid green, you should secure the powerline network by pressing and holding a security button located on the left side of the device for two seconds on the 1st device.
- The power LED will start to flash on and off.
- After that, you’ll have a two-minute window to press the security button on the second device. Again, press and hold for two seconds, just like on the 1st device.
- Once the Powerline LED start flashing, the two devices will synchronize, and once they go solid green, the network is secured.
How To Set Up Wi-Fi On Your Adapter
- Press and hold the WPS button on your router for 5 seconds until it starts to flash.
- Now press the security button on the 2nd parallel Adapter, and hold it for 10 seconds until you see the blue Wi-Fi light flash.
- When it picks up the signal from your router, it’ll stop flashing.
- Now, you’re free to move it around your house, and you’re good to go.
This guide thoroughly shows how to set up your Powerline 500 adapters; you must follow all these steps carefully. Otherwise, you could get stuck in setting it up correctly.