Verizon has become one of the most preferred networks out there and they have come up with the Messages+ app. This is the texting app through which you can synchronize text messages on different compatible devices at one time. However, not everyone is able to harness the right performance because Verizon Message+ not working issue is there. In this article, we have added the troubleshooting methods for you!
Troubleshoot Verizon Message+ Not Working
The data is usually cached by the apps with which the loading stretch will be reduced. The cache collection usually helps streamline and smoothen the user experience. In contrast, the cache tends to get corrupted which might impact the functionality and performance of the Message+ app. With this being said, you need to clear the cache and we have outlined the steps to be followed
· Open the settings on your phone
· Scroll down to the Apps section
· Tap on the default messaging app of your phone and move to the storage tab
· Click on the clear cache option
· Now, open the Message+ app and opt for the storage tab
· Clear the cache from there as well
These steps will remove the cache from both messaging apps and it will surely streamline the performance and the Message+ app will start working again.
Default Message App
When you are using Message+ by Verizon, keep in mind that both apps will be synchronized and the operating system is worked up as well. However, the operating system issues can impact the performance of Message+ as well. In severe cases, it might even impact loading and workability. In this case, you will need to modify the permissions to ensure that Message+ starts working properly. In the section below, we are sharing the steps that you can follow for modifying the permissions.
· Open the Settings app on your phone and scroll down to the app section
· Open the default messaging app and move to permissions
· Once the new window opens, uncheck all the permissions
· Now, open the Messages+ app and open the permissions
· Then, uncheck the permissions again (switch them off for MMS, notifications, and Wi-Fi)
· Open the main app section again and tap on the three dots available at the top
· Tap on special access and click on the writing system settings
· Click on the write system settings tab
· Now, click on the default messaging app
· Toggle it off
· Now, reboot your phone by pressing the volume down and power button at the same time
· The issue will be fixed!
When it comes down to the Verizon Messages+ app, keep in mind that it tends to work with the default messaging app, and permissions matter a great deal. With the permission tab, the app will be “told” that it’s not the default messaging app anymore. With this being said, when you launch the app again, it will ask for making it default and you need to allow the settings. The bottom line is that Messages+ app will test your patience sometimes but once you get a hang of it, you will never be able to go away!