TiVo has eased the lives of various users, especially the people who want to record their favorite content. This is because TiVo Bolt is the DVR that helps users record the live TV and other content from the TV.
However, the users were limited to watch the recorded content at home but they launched TiVo Bolt out-of-home streaming. With this article, we are sharing everything that you need to know about this!
Setting Up The Out-Of-Home Streaming With TiVo Bolt
If you want to use the out-of-home streaming, you have to set up with the home network. This is because an out-of-home setup cannot be completed if you aren’t connected to the home network. In case you are setting it up for the first time, you have to follow the instructions that we have added below!
- First of all, you have to open the TiVo app and tap on the menu button, and scroll down to settings
- Move to the set-up streaming device box and tap on the “start setup”
- Now, choose the streaming device from the available list (it is important if you have multiple devices connected to the network)
- From the setup screen, you have to check the “set up out-of-home and in-home streaming” option, and don’t forget to check the user agreement box at the bottom
- As a result, the out-of-home streaming will be set up
On the other hand, if you are someone who has already installed the TiVo app but want to repeat the setup procedure, you must follow the following instructions, such as;
- The first step is to open the TiVo app and choose settings
- From the settings app, tap on the setup button and choose the streaming device
- Now, choose the “Start setup” button and it will commence again
- The last step is pressing the “done” button and the setup will be completed
When you are trying to set up out-of-home streaming on TiVo Bolt but are unable to, there are various things that you need to do to ensure a seamless connection, inclusive of the following;
Before you start dreaming about accessing the recorded content while you are away, make sure that the mobile phone and DVR are compatible with this feature. In addition to the device compatibility, you must have an operational network connection. As for the compatibility, out-of-home streaming is compatible with the latest TiVo Experience 4 and TiVo Experience 3 devices.
To begin with, the TiVo app only works with iOS devices as well as Android devices. That being said, if you want to set up out-of-home streaming, you must have the latest TiVo app installed on the iOS device. To illustrate, the app version should be 12 or higher. Secondly, if you have an Android user, the users need to download the TiVo app with a software version 9 or higher. In addition, the version six to eight are compatible but the features are limited. Moreover, ensure that your mobile phone and DVR are connected to an active, high-speed, and reliable connection.