Motorola MB8600 is known as a top-notch cable modem that’s integrated with the smart Wi-Fi router feature that helps extend the internet range. The modem can support the top-tier internet plans and can be used with Cox, Comcast Xfinity, and other internet service providers. However, before you purchase this modem, it is important to understand the Motorola MB8600 lights meaning, so you can keep an eye on the unit’s performance and activity status!
Motorola MB8600 Lights Meaning
1. Power Light
The power light is designed with a green light, and the function is quite self-explanatory. This is because the power light is switched off, which means that the modem is turned off. On the other hand, if the green light is switched on, the cable modem is turned on.
The downstream light is either blue or green, but there are different functions associated with the light’s activity, such as;
- If the green light is blinking, it means that the modem is scanning or searching for the DS channels
- In case the green light is on and consistent, the cable modem is connected to the first downstream channel
- If the downstream light is blinking in blue color, the cable modem is trying to negotiate the bonded channels and will take a few minutes
- When the light turns blue, it indicates that the cable modem has been connected or bonded with two channels or more.
The upstream light on Motorola MB8600 helps determine the status of upstream internet channels, and just like downstream channels, it can be blue or green. In the section below, we are sharing what a specific light means;
- If the green light is blinking, it means that the cable modem is working on the range. Once the green light becomes stable (not blinking), it simply means that the modem is connected to the first upstream channel
- In case the blue light is blinking, it means that your Motorola modem is trying to negotiate the bonded channels, and the stable light means that the modem is bonded with the channels. On the contrary, if the blue light is turned off, it means that the upstream channel is connected to the modem, and you need to reboot the cable modem
The online light on Motorola MB8600 tends to be green or blue, so let’s see what it means when the online light glows in a specific color;
- The blinking green light means that the modem is trying to become online, and when it stabilizes, the modem will be online with the DOCSIS 3.0 internet protocol
- On the other hand, if the modem’s blue light is turned on, the cable modem is switched on with DOCSIS 3.1 internet protocol since the mode has dual internet protocols
LAN is the primary light that shows if the internet is working on the modem or not. If the LAN light is blinking in green color, it means that Ethernet data is trying to flow while the steady green light shows linked but non-bonded Ethernet ports. Lastly, if this light has a blue light, it indicates that the Ethernet ports are linked as well as bonded.