It goes without saying that modems are essential to set up the internet connection and are often used in combination with the router to connect the devices to a wireless connection. Having said that, the Windstream Wi-Fi modem T3260 is one of the best modems in the market, and if you want to purchase it, we are sharing information about different lights on these modems and what they mean!
Windstream Wi-Fi Modem T3260 Lights Meaning
This is a DSL modem, and it is integrated with multiple lights that help determine the current internet status, and you will be able to diagnose the connection and installation errors through the lights.
1. Power Light
The power light is pretty self-explanatory as it shows if the modem is transmitting the electrical source and different colors mean different meanings, such as;
- When the power light is green, it means that the modem is turned on, and if the power light is not switched on, it means that the power connection is off, and you should connect your modem to a different power outlet
- When the power light is red, there is something wrong with the power connection. For the most part, it can be resolved with the reboot, hard reset, or trying a different outlet
There is a signal light on the Windstream Wi-Fi modem T3260, which shows the quality of internet signals being received by the modem.
- If the signal light is green, it means that the internet link between the backend Windstream server and modem has been established
- If the signal light is blinking green, it means that the modem is trying to establish the connection, and you have to wait
- If the signal light is totally off, it simply means that there is no connection between the Windstream server and the modem
The internet light simply shows if your modem is connected to the internet or not.
- In case the internet light is green in color, it means that your modem is connected to the internet
- If the internet light is blinking green, it signifies that the internet traffic is either coming in or going out
- When the internet light is off, it means that there is no internet, and it needs to be properly configured. In addition, the internet light will be off even when the modem is working in bridge mode
- Lastly, if the internet light has a red color, it means that the modem has a failed authentication. In simpler words, you have entered incorrect login credentials, so just forget the network and reconnect with the correct username and password
4. LAN 1-4
LAN 1-4 light on the modem shares information about the Ethernet connection.
- When the LAN 1-4 light is green, the Ethernet port is being used, and the Ethernet connection can be established
- If the LAN 1-4 light is blinking green, it means that the internet signals and traffic are passing through
- Lastly, if this light is turned off, it means that the Ethernet port is not being used (you haven’t created an Ethernet connection)
So, are you ready to use your modem, then?