When it comes down to the internet routers, it goes without saying that proper setup is essential to optimize the internet connection as it directly influences the internet configuration. However, many people are not aware of the right setup process, which is why they have a hard time setting up the Belkin router. So, if you have switched to a Belkin router, let’s see how you can set it up!
How To Setup Belkin Router Without CD
For the most part, the users need to use the CD for setting up the Belkin router. However, if you don’t have the CD, let’s see how you can set up the Belkin router without a CD.
1. Verify The Internet Connection
The first step is to verify the internet connection because it helps determine if the ISP is really working or not. To verify the internet connection, follow these instructions;
- Connect your computer system to the Belkin router with the help of an Ethernet cable but don’t install the router (you must ensure that the modem is connected to the power source)
- Try to access some websites to ensure the internet is working well. However, if you are unable to access the internet, you can contact the internet service provider
- Once the internet connection has been established on the modem, let’s start with the router setup. However, before you start this process, unplug your modem from the main power source
2. Connect The Devices
To prepare yourself for the setup, you can start connecting the Belkin router to the modem. For that purpose, follow these steps;
- Connect your internet modem to the router’s internet or modem port
- Then, plug in the modem and the router to the main power source
- Connect your computer to the Ethernet or LAN ports of the router. In case you are using a wireless computer, you need to connect it with the help of an Ethernet cable first
- Now, observe the lights of the router that are positioned on the upper part of the device. Then, wait for a few minutes to make sure the lights are solid blue
This means that the devices are now connected. On the other hand, if the devices are not connecting and the light is blinking in amber color, you need to optimize the router and modem connection by rebooting both of them.
3. Access The Setup Page Of The Belkin Router
This is the last step with which you will be able to set up the Belkin router. With this step, you will be able to configure the router for wireless as well as wired internet connection. Now, follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- Open your internet browser by writing down “https://router” in the search bar
- When the user interface opens up, open the “let’s connect to the internet” option
- Scroll down to the “detect my connection” option, and the router will establish the connection. In addition, it will check for the Belkin router’s firmware updates
- When the connection is established, you will be able to modify the network username and password
- As a result, the username and password will be verified, and once you are done, press the OK button
- And you will be done!