TiVo is one of the best choices for people who like on-demand streaming experiences because it allows access to a never-ending range of channels. TiVo has launched an extensive range of DVRs, and Roamio is one of them that allows access to on-demand video content. While the DVR works great, it can run into some problems, but you can reset it to optimize the performance.
How To Reset TiVo Roamio
TiVo Roamio is integrated with an extensive range of features available, ranging from multi-room viewing to multi-room streaming. However, if it stops working, you can reset it by following the below-mentioned features;
- To begin with, you need to ensure that TiVo Roamio remote control is working in the IR mode. If the IR mode is enabled, the light on the remote control will flash red color. In case you don’t know how to enable the IR mode, you need to press the red C buttons and T-Vo button until it starts flashing
- The second step is to restart the DVR by disconnecting it from the power source for a few seconds and then plugging it in. On the other hand, you can also restart it by opening the central screen of TiVo Roamio, going to settings, moving to help, and tapping on the restart or reset option. Then, just choose the restart option and hit the enter button
- When the TiVo Roamio starts up, it will start flashing amber or yellow color (it will take one minute). Once it flashes, you need to press the pause button or hold it until the flashing stops. As a result, the green light will start flashing
- When the green light flashes, press 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 (don’t stop until you enter 0)
- As a result, the TiVo device will clear up the hard drive
Keep in mind that resetting TiVo Roamio will delete the settings, and the DVR will be back to the factory default settings. In addition, it will erase the settings, wish lists, season passes, and one passes. Moreover, it will delete the pairing of the cable card, which means you will have to contact the cable service provider to reconnect the devices.
While we have already added the manual process of resetting TiVo Roamio, you can also delete everything on the DVR. Keep in mind that it will take a few hours to clear everything from the DVR, which means you have to be patient. All in all, during the reset process, you should switch off the TV to avoid the burning of images or static images on the TV screen. To delete everything from the TiVo DVR, follow these steps;
- Open the settings on your TiVo Roamio
- Scroll down to the help option
- Click on the “reset and restart system”
- Now, tap on the “clear and delete everything,” and everything will be deleted within a few minutes
The bottom line is that you can reset the TiVo Roamio with the help of two reset methods mentioned in the article. However, it will clear the programming information and saved content.