TiVo is a famous American brand that is mostly known for their amazing media playing devices. There is a huge lineup of models that you can select from which might confuse people at first. Luckily, the brand has its own website that you can visit whenever you want to. This has all of the devices available by them listed on the site. Clicking on a specific model will provide you with detailed information about it. The user can then go through the specifications to decide if the device suits their requirements.
Considering this, it is best that you carefully compare different models before purchasing one for yourself. One of the most used devices from TiVo is the TiVo Roamio. This is great but there are also some issues that you can run into with it. One common question that people ask is “How to add apps to TiVo Roamio?”. If you have the same query, then going through this article should help you in understanding how it can be done.
How To Add Apps to TiVo Roamio
One of the best features present on the TiVo Roamio box is that people can use different android applications on it. This also includes streaming services like Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. While most of this important software is now installed on the TiVo Roamio by default.
There might be a few applications that are not present. If this happens then you might wonder how to add apps to the TiVo Roamio. Considering this, here is a simple guide that you can follow to understand how additional applications can be added to your device.
- Start by powering your TiVo Roamio on.
- Now access its main home page and then browse through the different tabs available.
- Find and select the tab labeled “Apps” and then continue to click on the “Get More Apps” tab.
- You will now be brought to the main homepage for Google Play where your device will ask you to sign in.
- Proceed to log in using your credentials. In case you don’t already have an account, you can create a new one here or from your mobile phone if you use an android.
- After signing into Google Play, the user can then proceed to search for applications that they want on their TiVo Roamio.
- Click on the software and then proceed to select download, this might take some time depending on the speed of your connection so make sure that you wait patiently.
- Once the application is installed, the user can directly launch it from the Google Play tab. Alternatively, a shortcut for it should be saved inside your “Apps” folder.
- The user can easily close the application once they are done using it by pressing the “TiVo” button present on the remote.
The steps mentioned above should be enough to help you out when adding new apps to your TiVo Roamio. Some people complain that they are having trouble creating a Google Play account. If this happens then you should note that this is the same as a Gmail account. Considering this, you can use any device and visit Google to create a new account, the only requirement is having a working mobile phone number.