The Sagemcom routers are one of the best routers in the market. Designed with advanced features and high-end internet reception, these routers have become a preferred choice for many users. On the other hand, it’s still a router, which means it’s prone to internet issues, but a reset can help optimize the internet connection. So, let’s see how to reset the Sagemcom router!
How To Reset Sagemcom Router
If your internet is not working or has slowed down, there are chances that resetting the router to the factory default settings will fix the internet speed. You can use the button on the router as it’s the most straightforward way of resetting the router. Remember that resetting the Sagemcom router will delete the wireless and internet settings on the device, such as DNS data, IP address, and Wi-Fi password. So, let’s see how you can use the reset button on the router to complete the reset process;
- Make sure that your router is switched on and is connected to the power source
- Look for the reset button on the bottom or backside of the router
- Now, use the pin or paperclip to hold this reset button for fifteen seconds
- As a result, the router will be rebooted, and it might take a few minutes to complete the reset process
- When the reset is complete, the router might reboot on its own, so just wait for the WPS and internet lights to turn green or yellow as it signals an active and reliable internet connection
The second method of resetting the Sagemcom router is to use the web-based configuration utility as it’s a suitable feature for resetting and rebooting the router. The best thing about web-based configuration utility is that you don’t need to download any third-party tools or software. So, let’s see how to use this utility to complete the reset process;
- Open your internet browser and enter the IP address, which is 192.168.1.2
- It will open the new window where you have to add the username and password (in case you haven’t changed the default credentials, you can use the information added on the bottom or back of your Sagemcom router)
- Open the system and scroll down to the factory default or restore button
- Now, tap on the reset or restore button
- Tap on the OK button to confirm the reset
- Wait for a few seconds as this time is essential to complete the reset process
- And you are done!
When it comes down to the default credentials, you can use “admin” in the password and username fields, or you could leave them blank. On the other hand, if these default details don’t work, you can verify the credentials from the router’s back and/or bottom side.
The Bottom Line
There are two common methods of fixing the internet-related issues in the Sagemcom router with the help of a reset. However, if it doesn’t resolve the internet errors, you could call Sagemcom and ask for troubleshooting. All in all, the last solution is to replace your router!