Belkin routers are one of the best in the market since they have better features, which significantly improve the signal quality by improving the overall reception. However, there are instances when the router stops working, and the only troubleshooting method that works is resetting. The real problem is that users don’t know how to reset the Belkin router from the computer, so we are sharing the instructions!
How To Reset Belkin Router From Computer
In the majority of cases, people press the reset button on the router for completing the reset process. However, if you want to reset the Belkin router from the computer, we have outlined all the instructions with you. Before we share the resetting method, it’s imperative to add that factory reset will delete all the internet settings and other customized settings, along with the username and password. Now, let’s check out the resetting instructions.
- Open the internet browser on your computer or tablet (the device must be connected to the Belkin router for this method to work)
- Enter 192.168.2.1 in the search bar. For those who don’t know, it’s the default IP address for all the Belkin routers, but if you have changed the IP address, you should add that instead
- Once the page opens up, log in to the Belkin router by using your account information
- When you are logged into the Belkin router, open the utility section
- From this section, open the restore factory defaults option
- Click on the restore button, and the Belkin router will be reset
This is the only method that you can try for resetting the Belkin router if you want to use the computer. However, this method can also be followed from the tablet or smartphone – the only condition is that the device should be connected to the Belkin router. On the other hand, if you want to follow the conventional method of resetting the router, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- Access your router and look for the reset button. The majority of Belkin routers are designed with the reset button on the backside. However, if you cannot find the reset button, you must check the online router diagram to locate the reset button
- Once you find the reset button, press this button for fifteen seconds to twenty seconds and hold it
- As a result, a reset will be initiated, and you might have to wait for a few minutes to complete the reset process
- When the reset is complete, you will need to enter the internet settings again. As far as logging into the router is concerned, you can use the default username and password of the router to sign in. To find the default credentials, you can simply look on the bottom side of your router
- Once you are logged in, change the username and password according to your preferences and change other internet settings
So, these are two ways of resetting the router to optimize the internet connection. However, if you are still struggling, just ask Belkin’s customer support to reset the router from the backend.