MetroNet has become a reliable internet service provider for people who are looking for zero data caps and a fiber optic connection. Depending on the plan, the users can get over 1Gbps speed, which is perfect for streaming, downloading, browsing, and gaming.
MetroNet also provides internet equipment, such as a router, to the users. However, many people have been complaining about internet issues, which is why a reset is recommended. So, with this article, we are sharing two methods of resetting the MetroNet router!
How To Reset MetroNet Router?
- Soft Reset
The soft reset is perfect if you want to clear the network and internet configurations from the router without losing the sessions (it helps preserve the session). As a result, the router will stay on the network and store the advanced settings and logs, including port forwarding details and IP reservations.
The soft reset can be completed by following these instructions;
- Locate the reset button on the router and hold it until the LED indicator starts flashing yellow (it will take around seven seconds)
- Release the reset button
- Wait for a few minutes and the LED indicator will become solid white. In addition, the router’s app will have a green outline on the LED button
- Hard Reset
In most cases, the soft reset resolves internet-related issues and optimizes the internet speed. However, if it doesn’t, you can hard reset the MetroNet router. The hard reset is known to delete all MetroNet network configurations, logs, and sessions.
In addition, it will delete the router from the network. In case the router is connected to an active internet connection, you can use the router app to reset it as well. It’s important to add that hard resetting the router will remove all the network settings. So, let’s check out the instructions;
- First of all, you have to locate a reset button (it’s usually on the bottom or left side of the router)
- Press router’s reset button for fifteen seconds or until the LED indicator starts flashing red
- Once the LED becomes red, release this reset button
- After a few seconds, the LED indicator will start flashing blue, which means that the router is ready to be set up again
To set up the router, you can use the default IP address of the router to access the web-based dashboard and make changes to the internet. In addition, make sure you change the password because resetting will enable the default password, which is extremely easy to guess, leading to unauthorized use.
As far as the settings are concerned, it’s recommended that you write down the customized network settings on paper, so you can complete the setup quickly. On the other hand, if you don’t want to lose your data at all, you can try rebooting the router to resolve the internet issues.
For a reboot, you only need to disconnect the router from power for five minutes. After five minutes, connect the power cord again and try using the internet. If nothing resolves the internet issues, just call MetroNet customer support!