Apple TV has become the central part of everyone’s home, especially if they are big on entertainment. This is because the smart features are available and users can connect them to the internet and use the online programs.
However, people ask how to connect Apple TV to Wi-Fi without remote (Wi-Fi is important, of course!). So, if you are in the same boat, we are sharing the instructions and methods with you!
How To Connect Apple TV To WiFi Without Remote?
Before we tell you different methods for connecting Apple TV to a wireless connection without a remote, let us tell you that it can be challenging. This is because you won’t have the remote for adding the Wi-Fi login credentials. So, if you are using iOS 9 or higher, you can share the Wi-Fi SSID, password, and Apple ID to the Apple TV.
For this purpose, you must switch on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on the iOS device. The next step is to switch on the Apple TV and wait until the start-up screen incurs, you must touch the iOS device to the box (yes, the Apple TV one). As a result, new instructions will appear on the screen and both the devices, and you will be able to access the Wi-Fi connection.
If you don’t have the Apple TV remote, you can also opt for the standard TV remote for controlling the Apple TV and add the Wi-Fi network details. For controlling Apple TV with the standard TV remote, you can follow the steps mentioned below;
- The first instruction is to find the right TV remote and it must have directional buttons
- Now, you must connect your Apple TV with an ethernet cable. After this, open the General tab from the settings and tap on the remotes by using the control center on your iPhone
- Tap on the “learn remote” option and follow the on-screen guide
- Once the on-screen instructions are complete, detach the ethernet cable and switch on Wi-Fi for the Apple TV through your standard TV remote. When the Apple TV is connected to the internet, you can keep using the standard remote for controlling the Apple TV and navigate around
The third method is for people who don’t want to buy a new remote but are using iPhone. This is because, with this method, we will tell you how you can use your iPhone as a remote to control Apple TV and connect it to the wireless connection. Also, it will be achieved by using the remote feature in the control center of the iPhone. In the below section, we will tell you how to use iPhone as the remote control;
- If the iPhone is running on iOS 12 or higher or if the iPad is running on iPadOS 13, you can use controls of Apple TV that can be activated automatically if the connections are established. In case you don’t see the remote feature on the control center, you can add the controls of Apple TV from the settings
- When you add the remote icon to the control center, swipe up and open the control center, and tap on the remote option for opening the Apple TV remote
- Now, switch on the Apple TV and use ethernet to make an internet connection
- Then, it’s time to configure the Wi-Fi by opening the settings and choosing the Wi-Fi network from the network tab. There will be on-screen instructions, so follow them for starting the setup (you might be asked to enter the PIN of your iPhone or iPad as the final step, so don’t hesitate)
With this method, you can connect your Apple TV to the Wi-Fi connection without remote by using the remote interface. This is because the Apple TV has a huge touch area and you can swipe around for navigation purposes and select the apps and lists on the Apple TV. For instance, you can use volume buttons for volume control, a menu button can be held for opening the home screen, and Siri can be activated by tapping the mic button.
In addition, if you want to enter the Wi-Fi password, you can use the Bluetooth keyboard. The Bluetooth keyboard can be connected and configured to the Apple TV. When the keyboard is configured, you can enter the password and the Wi-Fi connection will be established properly.