There might be multiple streaming platforms available in the entertainment industry, but nothing matches the quality of content and advanced features offered by Netflix. One of the most promising features offered by Netflix includes English 5.1. On the other hand, if you don’t know what English 5.1 on Netflix is, we are here with the details!
What Is English 5.1 On Netflix?
5.1 is the surround sound technology offered by Netflix, and it is supported on selective titles. To make sure you can use English 5.1 on Netflix, you need to have a compatible audio system and a Netflix-compatible device with specific sound support. In addition to this, the streaming quality on Netflix should be set to auto, high, or medium. For those who don’t know, you can check and change the streaming quality from the video quality settings.
On the other hand, if you are concerned about the compatibility related to the streaming plans, you can use English 5.1 with all streaming plans on Netflix. If the content title has the 5.1 surround sound feature, there will be a 5.1 icon of the Dolby Digital Plus icon on the top. On the contrary, if you cannot use English 5.1 on Netflix, you need to follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below;
- Make sure that the receiver you are using supports the Dolby Digital Plus. Moreover, it needs to have a connectivity speed of 3.0Mbps or a faster speed. If these eligibility criteria are met, you can check out the next steps
- First of all, make sure that you have switched on the feature from the video quality settings
- Secondly, check the audio output settings and make sure that it’s set to the 5.1 option. For the most part, linear PCM or stereo settings are selected and changing it to 5.1 will help. On the other hand, if you aren’t able to change the settings, call the device manufacturer’s customer support as they can help adjust the audio settings
- Thirdly, check if the 5.1 option is selected in the audio & subtitles menu. For this purpose, you need to open the playback settings and choose 5.1. Still, you must remember that 5.1 is not available for every episode in the season, so check it from the drop-down menu of the content’s description page. In addition to this, you must remember that not every movie and TV show supports 5.1 surround sound in every language
- Another step is to check the device and make sure it supports 5.1 surround sound. This is because this option is not available on HTML5 or Microsoft Silverlight right now, but you can use it if you are using Windows 10 or Windows 8.
- Lastly, you need to remember that the downloaded movie or TV show episodes cannot be used with 5.1 audio. This is because the downloaded titles don’t support it. So, if you really want to use the 5.1 feature, you have to delete the content and watch it online
So, are you ready to enjoy the best audio experience with Netflix?