Internet surfers always strive to make their networking experiences much better by trying out different modifying operations. Among many useful tactics to upgrade internet surfing, updating firmware is one very crucial step to make your router and modem work much efficiently.
Users update their routers to the latest firmware versions that upgrade their internet surfing capabilities. Asus routers are best known for their highly stable speeds and reliable connections. However, Asus users are these days persistently facing the error code that says “The WAN IP Is Not The External IP. External IP-Based Services Will Not Work” which doesn’t only interrupt their browsing let alone throttle their network speeds.
Upgrading your firmware versions to the latest one is the most common practice to enable better and much-improved router performance. However, it is quite disappointing from the Asus router broadband to still make their users encounter the error code of “The WAN IP Is Not The External IP. External IP-Based Services Will Not Work”. You don’t have to worry, we got you covered. In this article, we would walk through the Asus users a step by step approach to get rid of this issue. Stay with us.
Kill The Error Code “The WAN IP Is Not The External IP. External IP-Based Services Will Not Work”:
Most of the Asus broadband users including all types of router owners persistently face the error code of “The WAN IP Is Not The External IP. External IP-Based Services Will Not Work”. Especially after they update their firmware versions, it gets quite persistent and equally annoying.
According to many users, the functionality and other working seem to be working completely fine and there is no error that they likely face. However, facing the same abnormal notification can only frustrate users.
To assess this issue well, we have pinpointed the following steps that would help you get rid of that notification error code:
- Log in to the Asus router using your account details/default details.
- Click on the Globe icon to have access to your Internet Status.
- Now type your internet status info like that: WAN IP, Subnet Mask, DNS, and Gateway.
- Click on the WAN written with the minus sign and make sure to take notes of the Asus Router’s MAC Settings. Navigate here to do that http://192.168.xxx.1/Advanced_WAN_Content.asp(from the Advanced Settings).
- Now you need to log in to your ISP modem/router.
- Go to the LAN setup page. Note that this setup page varies based on your ISP’s modem/router.
- Add a static IP Lease entry with your accurate MAC Address. The address written for the IP should be 192.168.xxx.xxx, from the WAN IP.
- Save Settings.
- Now go back to the Asus router where you have set up your WAN Connection Type to Static IP.
- Fill the required info the same as step 1.
- Finally, reboot your IPS modem/router.
- Now reboot your Asus router.
After doing so, get back on with your browsing and you wouldn’t face the warning of “The WAN IP Is Not The External IP. External IP-Based Services Will Not Work”.