If you are one of those people who love to stream content on PC systems, Plex is one of the most important parts of the system. This is because Plex is the free media server software that works on Windows PC, Mac computers, and NAS drives. In addition, it offers an extensive range of free client apps available that allow the users to access the server’s contents from Roku, smart TVs, gaming consoles, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, tablets, and smartphones. It’s integrated with a variety of features, and autoplay is one of the best features that we will talk about!
What Is The Plex “Autoplay Next Episode” Feature?
Plex allows the users to have a binge-watching experience, so you can keep streaming your favorite content, given the auto-play feature. By default, whenever you play any episode of the TV show through Plex, the show’s next episode will automatically start when one episode is over. Plex offers a one-shop-stop solution to find the media and access it. Ranging from personal media on the server, including on-demand and free TV shows and movies, web shows, podcasts, music streaming, and live TV.
If you are using Plex for the first time, you need to remember a few things. To begin with, it has a quick and convenient setup, and the second amazing thing is the autoplay feature. It is enabled by default, but you can always disable it. It’s a great choice for people who like binge-watching, but if you don’t want to spend hours watching a TV show, you can disable the autoplay feature. To disable the autoplay feature, check out the following instructions;
- Open the navigation menu on the Plex app – you can open the navigation menu by swiping the left edge of the Android smartphone’s screen or just clicking on the hamburger icon on iOS devices
- Open settings and scroll down to the experience option
- Scroll down to the autoplay option and disable the switch
- As a result, the streaming session will be automatically cut off when the episode is complete
Even if you disable the autoplay option, you will be able to manually watch the next episode. In simpler words, disabling the autoplay feature will provide better control.
As already mentioned, Plex is a widely used app and can be installed on FireTV, Roku, Vizio, and Samsung. All these devices and set-top boxes have the latest version of Plex available for the users. In case you have any issues using the autoplay feature on Plex, there are chances that you haven’t installed the app update – make sure that you check the updates regularly to streamline the Plex functions. In addition, you can try some other fixes;
- Reboot the devices to make sure the app update is properly configured
- You must connect your device to the internet connection for the app update to install properly
- Disable the autoplay feature when you don’t want to binge-watch, as it’s turned on by default
So, will you enable the autoplay feature or not?
1 thought on “Disable Plex “Autoplay Next Episode” in 4 Steps”
I will enable the autoplay feature!