Facing unprecedented issues over your local area network (LAN) gets quite frustrating when you are in the middle of sending an important email, streaming your favorite show, and playing games. While browsing many of the wireless internet users have encountered the issue of “No Operation Can Be Performed On WiFi” unhealthy amount of times. There can be numerous factors for this issue to occur, mostly it is related to IP configuration errors which is why it needs a proper fix.
In this article, we will walk you through some authentic methods for troubleshooting “No Operation Can Be Performed On WiFi” issue because we have a fair idea of how everything goes annoying whenever you see this written in place of your desired website.
Reasons For “No Operation Can Be Performed On WiFi”:
This issue might have co-relation with the following:
- Careless arrangement of network hardware.
- Usage of outdated network drivers.
- Interferences from concrete objects and obstacles between the router and connected devices.
- Absence of Utility Programs., etc.
Troubleshooting “No Operation Can Be Performed On WiFi” Issue:
Here are some functionally best troubleshooting methods for you to help get riddance of this issue. Make sure to carry them out properly.
- Switch To Ethernet And Try Out The Commands:
This solution revolves around ruling out the wired or wireless network issues and for this, you would need to try the commands. After doing so, you can go and check the network settings if the issue is fixed. If it doesn’t, proceed further.
- Remove Interferences:
Most of the time, the major problem is caused due to loads of interfering objects lying in your way of computer and the router. Try to remove those obstacles.
- Reset Your Router:
Sometimes, the actual issue lies with your computer being unable to locate the IP address from your in-home router.
These expected issues can be resolved by resetting your router.
Refer to the following steps:
- Locate the reset button on the backside of your router.
- With a pointed object, press that allocated the reset button for ten seconds.
- Release the button.
- Wait till the LED flashes.
- Reset Winsock Catalog:
To fix the issue once and for all, you would need to reset the Winsock catalog.
Refer to the following steps:
- Select “Start”.
- Type “cmd” (with no quotations marks, of course).
- Right-click on the “cmd” icon.
- Select “Run as Administrator”.
- Copy/Paste the following commands one by one and keep hitting “Enter” after inserting each command.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ip stop
- netsh int ip start
- Restart Your PC:
After deploying the aforementioned solutions properly, you would need to reset your computer. Keep it OFF for a minute and then turn it ON. Connect to your wireless network and check the internet if it is working.
It is common to face issues like “No Operation Can Be Performed On WiFi” occasionally. Although, what’s more, important is how you diagnose them. Luckily, with the above-mentioned methods, you will get back to your browsing again.