Netgear routers are widely used by people who want uninterrupted wireless and wired connections. This is because the routers are designed with the latest features that support advanced connectivity needs.
Netgear routers also support the ReadySHARE which allows the users to connect the USB storage devices to the router to make it more accessible. However, Netgear ReadySHARE USB not working is a common problem but we are sharing some quick solutions with you!
NETGEAR ReadySHARE USB Not Working
The ReadySHARE USB might not be working because the USB device that you are using might not be compatible with the Netgear router. There are various Netgear routers our there and all of them have different compatibility supports. So, the best option is to check the list of compatible USBs in the router manual and connect only the compatible ones.
Secondly, keep in mind that the USB won’t work with ReadySHARE if you have set the password to it. In simpler words, the encrypted and password-protected USBs don’t work with ReadySHARE.
2) Network Connection
If you are using the compatible USB with ReadySHARE but it’s still not working, there are chances of network connection issues. Keep in mind that ReadySHARE utilizes the internet connection from the Netgear router to work properly. You can apply different steps to improve the network connection, such as;
- First of all, you need to reboot the Netgear router because it helps improve the internet connection. We are saying this because the high-speed network connection works better in creating a connection with ReadySHARE USB
- Secondly, you can tweak the network channels to improve the internet connection speed. You have to log into the Netgear router and change the network channel. If you are currently using a 2.4GHz network channel, simply connect to a 5GHz network (or the other way around)
- If these two steps don’t improve the network connection, you can reset the network connection because it helps optimize the internet connection. In particular, resetting the router will fix the bugs that are causing the network issues. When the router is reset, the network connection will be optimized
- If nothing seems to work, you can always call your internet service provider and ask him to fix the network connection. This is because your network connection might be acting up due to backend ISP issues
Yes, you read that right! You have to check the spelling of your password in the Netgear router because it is important to create a proper connection with the USB. You might have to forget the network connection and connect to it again if you want to enter the correct password.
4) Reconnect The USB
If the ReadySHARE USB doesn’t work, why don’t you simply reconnect it? This is because the error might be popping up because the USB was inserted incorrectly or you chose the wrong port. However, if you want to reconnect the USB, open the search box and type in “run.” Then, open the “my network places” and type the information in the location bar.
Let us warn you that this method is a bit time-consuming but when it’s completed, the USB will start working. On the other hand, if you cannot handle such technical steps, ask your internet service providers to help you out!
5) Adjust The DNS & IP Settings
Adjusting the DNS and IP settings is highly likely to fix the USB not working with ReadySHARE. For adjusting the DNS and IP settings, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- Open the search button on the computer
- Type in “network” in the search field and look for the “view network connections”
- Press on this option and it will open the applet
- Now, right-click on the network connection and choose properties
- The next step is to double-click on the IPv4 for opening the window
- Then, choose the “obtain an IP address automatically” button
- Then, choose the “obtain DNS service address”
- Now, hit the enter or OK button
Once the settings are changed, you need to reboot the system to apply the settings properly. As a result, the ReadySHARE will start working.
6) Network Discovery
If you have switched off network discovery on your system, ReadySHARE USB will not work. That being said, you have to switch on the network discovery from the network and sharing center of the control panel.