Using a Wi-Fi range extender is one of the best decisions you can make if you struggle with slow internet connections. This is because a range extender can be connected to the router, and as a result, it will capture the slow connections to improve the internet connection. Having said that, Linksys RE7000 is one of the best Wi-Fi range extenders, so let’s see how Linksys RE7000 can connect to a new router. With this article, we have shared an in-depth guide to help you establish a connection!
Linksys RE7000 Connect To A New Router Guide
Be it the range extender mode or the access point mode, there are two ways of connecting this Wi-Fi range extender to a new internet router. It allows the users to repeat the internet signals of a router or access point to provide strong internet connectivity to hard-to-reach areas through a wireless or wired connection. As far as setting it up with a new router is concerned, you need to have access to the router’s credentials and an active internet connection, irrespective of the band (2.4GHz or 5GHz). Now, let’s check out the steps;
- First of all, connect the range extender to the power source and make sure the connections are tight. Once it’s connected to the power source, wait for the LED indicators to achieve an orange color
- It doesn’t matter if you are using a smartphone or a laptop, you need to connect with the range extender’s SSID (this connection is essential to initiate the setup process)
- Once the device is connected, open the internet browser and search for 192.168.1.1 and it will automatically bring up the setup page
- Press the “start startup” button and you will need to create the password hint as well as the admin password
- Now, choose the “as a wireless extender” and press the Next button
- Select the current Wi-Fi connection and enter the password for the Wi-Fi connection (in case you are connected to the dual-band network, you must be able to see the SSID). If there is a hidden SSID, you have to choose the “manually enter network name & password” button
- Then, create the password and SSID for the extended network
- As a result, the device will start looking for firmware upgrades and installing them. Consequently, the setup will be complete
Unable To Connect Linksys RE7000 To The Router
In case you are having a hard time connecting the extender to the router, there are high chances that the internet connection is slow or is not working at all. Keep in mind that an active internet connection is a necessity for initiating and completing the setup process. That being said, we recommend that you reboot the internet router to optimize the internet speed.
Secondly, you can contact your internet service provider as they can check the real network status. The internet service provider can check if there is something wrong in the network and fix it, so you can resume the setup process.