One common issue that you will notice tons of users complaining about is that they do not get proper signals in their house. This is usually caused by having a router with a weak signal range on it. Considering this, it is best that they replace their router with a new one and even install additional routers depending on how much coverage is required. If done properly, you should be able to receive signals in every nook and cranny of your home. The Asus RT-AX86U is a famous router that has been gaining a lot of popularity nowadays. This is quite amazing, and it comes with tons of features. However, you will notice tons of people asking how to setup the Asus RT-AX86U.
How To Setup Asus RT-AX86U
Having a router like the Asus RT-AX86U means that you no longer have to worry about getting weak signals in your home. Although, before you can start using it, setting up the device is also necessary. This is why if you are having trouble with the process then you can use the guide provided below. Following the step-by-step procedure carefully should ensure that you understand how to setup the Asus RT-AX86U.
- Start by placing the router in your desired location and then installing its power cable.
- Once the device boots up, the user can then install an ethernet or optical cable from their modem to the Asus RT-AX86U.
- Now you can start configuring the router from its online portal. Visit the IP address from your mobile phone or computer but make sure that you are using the same network.
- Now log in using your account credentials to continue.
- Select the tab labeled “Operation Mode”.
- You will now be provided with a bunch of options, out of which you have to click on “Wireless Router Mode”.
- You can now choose “WAN Port” from the type of connection required. This might slightly vary depending on your usage so make sure that you choose the option required by you.
- The device will now ask you if you want to set up a password and username for it. You can choose one if it is required.
You can now start using your internet connection without any issues. However, if you want to set up additional configurations then here are some more steps that can be followed.
- After setting up a new password and username for the login portal, you can now access the IP configurations tab.
- Make any changes that you want to here, and then continue to the next tab.
- The user can now start setting up the dual-band channels on their router.
- Depending on how many bands you want to use, you can enable both of them and then set separate log-in credentials for them or enable just one.
- If you want to enable Wi-Fi 6 then tick the small checkbox below and save your changes.
- Finally, reboot the router once so that the new changes can take effect.