Netgear Nighthawk M1 has become a popular choice for users who need a reliable mobile hotspot device that works with their SIM cards. That’s because you can simply install your SIM card into the device, turn on the device, and enjoy the 4G/LTE connection on over twenty devices at once. It promises an exceptional download speed of over 1Gbps. However, this high-speed wireless connection can be attained if you set it up properly and we have the full setup guide available for you!
How To Setup Netgear Nighthawk M1?
Netgear Nighthawk M1 has been designed to work with a SIM card, which means you must install a SIM card to create the wireless hotspot for the devices. For this reason, the first step of the setup is to install the SIM card and battery.
Step 1. Installing The SIM Card & Battery
- To begin with, you need to turn off your Netgear Nighthawk M1 and take off the bottom cover (you can place the thumbs according to the arrows on the cover)
- Use your micro SIM card and insert it into the SIM card slot but make sure you connect it correctly (it must be on the connects)
- Once the SIM card has been installed, put in the battery and align it with the battery connectors
- Lastly, put on the cover as the SIM card and battery installation are complete
Step 2. Downloading The App
Once you have added the SIM card, you have to set it up through the app, and for that, you can follow these steps;
- Open the mobile’s app store and download the Netgear app
- When the app is installed, use the account credentials to log in through the first app page (the credentials, including username and password, are available on the bottom side of the device)
- Once you are signed in, you can configure the network settings as you like
Step 3. Connecting The Device
The next step is to connect the devices. For this purpose, you need to ensure that the Wi-Fi feature is enabled on the smartphone or laptop, whichever device you want to connect to the wireless hotspot connection. When the Wi-Fi feature is enabled, it will start searching for the Wi-Fi networks. You can open the device’s settings, move to the Wi-Fi tab, and click on the available network that indicates your mobile hotspot. When you click on the name, a new pop-up will appear asking for the password, so add the password and your device will be connected to the mobile hotspot.
These are all the steps you need to set up the Netgear mobile hotspot device and connect your devices. However, if the mobile hotspot is not working on the connected devices, try the following steps;
- Change your location to make sure the SIM card works well and transmits the high-quality internet signals
- Never put the hotspot device in the bag or a pouch because it hides the antenna, which negatively impacts the signal quality and impacts the internet connectivity
- Make sure that the device is fully charged when you leave your space because a low battery can also slow down the connection
In case you need more assistance, reach out to Netgear customer support!