Netgear Nighthawk M1 is one of the best mobile hotspot devices available in the market as it allows the users to connect over 20 devices at once without compromising on the internet speed. Ranging from 1Gbps download speed to 150Mbps upload speed, it promises a high-speed internet connection. While it’s possible to use Netgear’s internet plans, you must use a SIM card for connecting the devices. However, many users don’t know the right way of installing the SIM card but we are here to help!
How To Put SIM Card In Netgear Nighthawk M1?
This mobile hotspot device uses the SIM card to provide the wireless hotspot for the devices. That’s because the device has to recognize the SIM card to broadcast the wireless signals, which means an invalid SIM card won’t work. In simpler words, the hotspot won’t work if you don’t use the SIM card. So, in the section below, we are sharing how you can install the SIM card in your hotspot device!
- First of all, you need to turn off the hotspot device and take off the bottom cover from the device (for removing the back cover, you need to place your thumbs on the arrows that are added on the cover and try to press down when you slide up the cover)
- Now, slide your SIM card into the SIM slot (you might have to get the SIM card cut into micro size)
- Then, insert eh battery but make sure you align the connectors
- Put on the cover and turn on the device to start using the internet connection
Once you have installed the SIM card, make sure that you don’t cover the device because it masks the antennas, which slows down the internet speed as the signal quality is impacted. In fact, when you cover the device, the signal quality deteriorates, and the device tries to work more intensely. As a result, it consumes more battery. Coming back to the point, many people struggle with SIM card installation but these are some things that you need to consider for optimizing the SIM connection;
- You must be extremely careful while installing the SIM card because correct installation directly impacts the internet connectivity
- Make sure the SIM card is cut into the micro size to make sure the connections are correct. If the SIM card is bigger or smaller, it won’t stay on the connections, resulting in internet issues
- If the internet speed is still slow, it’s recommended that you reboot the hotspot device as it helps configure the SIM card to make sure it transmits the internet signals. In case you don’t know how to reboot the hotspot device, you just need to press the power button to turn off the device. On the other hand, you can also reboot the hotspot device from the app settings (open the Netgear app, got to the settings, and scroll down to the reboot button)
In case you still have an internet issue or SIM card installation error, it’s best to call Netgear customer support!