Netgear CM500 cable modem is one of the best cable modems available in the market and is designed to deliver a high-speed internet connection. However, it can still fall prey to dropping internet connection and slow processing. Honestly, these are minor issues which can be resolved with the help of a reset. So, let’s check out more details about the Netgear CM500 factory reset!
How To Factory Reset The Netgear CM500?
The factory reset process is one of the best choices for people who would like to fix internet-related errors and streamline the internet connection. However, you need to remember that a factory reset will delete the internet settings, and the credentials will be reverted to the default ones. Now, let’s see how you can reset the modem!
Method One: The Reset Button
If you are looking for a straightforward and easy factory reset process, we are sharing how you can use the reset button;
- Switch on your cable modem
- Use the paper clip or a sharp pen’s nib to press the reset button
- You have to hold the reset button for seven seconds
- When the power light starts blinking, you can take your hands away from the reset button and wait for the cable modem to start
- As a result, the power light will stabilize and become stagnant when the modem is turned on
Method Two: 30-30-30 Reset
If using the reset button hasn’t resolved the matter for you, you can opt for the 30-30-30 reset method. For this reset method, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Keep the modem powered on and press the reset button for thirty seconds
- While you are holding the reset button, you need to disconnect the power cord and press the button for thirty seconds
- Then, turn on your cable modem and hold the reset button for another thirty seconds
This process is sufficient to revert your cable modem back to the factory default settings. When the cable modem has been reset, you need to know that it will be back to the default settings. For instance, the default IP address will be 192.168.100.1. Since it changes the credentials as well, you can use admin for username and use “password” for the password field.
In addition to this, the subnet mask of your cable modem will 255.255.255.0. Honestly, it is quite easy to hack the network when it is operating on the default settings, which is why you need to change the settings. To illustrate, when the cable modem is reset, you can open the settings to change the password, username, and other IP configurations to make sure no one gets to access your cable modem.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that a factory reset of the Netgear cable modem will resolve the internet-related issues, and you will be able to enjoy a better internet connection. However, if the factory reset doesn’t fix the connection, you should call the internet service provider as well as the cable manufacturers to have access to professional troubleshooting. Lastly, don’t forget to keep an eye on the cables!