The broadband internet isn’t very popular, but it’s the most preferred choice of people who are living in rural and remote areas. Having said that, Starlink is one of the most popular low-latency and high-speed broadband internet connections available in the market. Just like other internet connections, the Starlink connections need a router as it works as a base unit to distribute internet signals in the home. So, if you have the Starlink connection and don’t know how to change the router settings, we have got some details for you!
How To Change Starlink Router Settings
Starlink connections need their native router to work properly and to ensure a high-speed internet connection. This means that you’ve to purchase the router from Starlink in case you want a reliable connection. However, in addition to purchasing the right router, you also need to ensure the correct settings on the router to achieve an error-free internet connection. So, if you are a first-time user and don’t know how to access the router settings, we have the details for you;
- First of all, you have to connect the router to the Starlink connection cable as well as the modem to establish the base connection
- When you connect the router and modem to the Starlink connection, give them a few minutes to boot up
- Now, use the password to sign in to connect your device to the internet connection
- Once your device is connected to the internet, you can enter 192.168.0.1 in the search bar of the internet browser, and you will be taken to the login page of the router (if you haven’t changed the password, you can use “default” or “admin” as the password and username. However, if you have changed the password, use that to sign in)
- When you are signed into the router, you can open the menu on the right or left side and make changes to the settings. For instance, you can change the default IP address, password, and wireless channels. In addition, you will be able to check how many devices are connected to the internet and block them if you want
These are some steps that you need to follow to sign in to the router and access the settings. However, you should use the IP address to access the login page only from the device that’s connected to the Starlink router.
As far as settings are concerned, the router has various settings that you can set up and change. For instance, you can share files between various devices with the file sharing option, while the printer sharing feature allows the users to share printers between different devices. In addition, there are security settings that you can customize to protect the internet network from unauthorized sources.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that changing the router settings is quite easy as long as you know the password to sign in to the web-based interface. Having said that, if you still have issues in changing the settings, reach out to Starlink customer support!
1 thought on “How To Change Starlink Router Settings? (5 Quick Steps)”
I have a problem entering the password in my LG Smart TV, with the adapter and cable connected to my tv I will still need to enter the password, is there any other option.
Thank you for your help.