Wi-Fi extender is one of the best devices designed for internet users since it captures the regular internet signals and processes them to transmit them to every corner of the home to ensure high-speed and consistent network connectivity for everyone. Having said that, RackSpace is a well-known name in the industry and the company recommends changing the password regularly to keep the internet speed on the top and prevent security errors. So, let’s see how to change the password on the RackSpace Wi-Fi extender!
How to Change Password On RockSpace Wi-Fi Extender
It’s common for people to change the password to ensure high-end security and to protect the internet network from unauthorized access. The default password is “admin” which can be used to access the portal. However, this password is usually universal and allows anyone to access the internet network. For this purpose, changing the password is essential and you can follow the below-mentioned instructions;
- First of all, you need to open the web browser on a device for signing in to the web-based page for setting up the extender
- Now, enter 192.168.0.254 in the internet browser’s URL bar and hit the enter button to open the login page
- On this page, you have to add the login credentials (you can check the default credentials on the configuration card that comes with the extender)
- Once you have added the credentials, the web-based portal will appear on the screen
- Open the administration tab and scroll down to the management option
- Scroll down to the password and add the password that you need to set as the password for the Wi-Fi extender. You will need to re-enter the new password for confirmation purposes
- Once both passwords match, hit the save button and the password will be changed
When you change the password, the devices will be disconnected from the internet, so just use the new password for connecting to the internet. Also, while you are setting up a new password, make sure that it’s a combination of alphabets (uppercase and lowercase), numbers, and symbols. In addition, the password should never be about your personal life, such as your birthday, social security number, and contact numbers, as they are easier to hack. Last but not least, always use a longer password and a sequence of random numbers and alphabets!
Importance Of Changing The Password
Changing the password on the RackSpace Wi-Fi extender is extremely easy as you can see. However, many people put off the task, which puts them under a security threat. So, if you need reasons why you must change the password, check out the ones we have mentioned;
- The default password is known by everyone, especially the hackers. In the majority of cases, the default password is “admin,” which is quite easy to guess. So, if someone accesses the network, they can lock you out and keep using the internet on their devices
- Secondly, the default password allows anyone to connect to the network, resulting in unauthorized connections on the network, resulting in slow internet speed
On a concluding note, build a habit to change the password after every three to four weeks!