The need for broadband internet connections has increased in the past few tears because it’s a low-latency option and offers a reliable internet connection. Wave Broadband is one of the best choices for people looking for broadband internet connections but the users have been complaining about not getting the promised internet speed. For this reason, if you want to cancel your internet service, we are sharing the cancellation process with you!
How To Cancel Wave Broadband?
Canceling The Wave Broadband Connection
Unfortunately, you don’t get many choices when it comes down to canceling the Wave Broadband connection. That’s because you cannot contact the company through phone, email, or letter, or apply for connection cancellation through the company website. The only option is to call Wave Broadband customer support on the phone number to initiate the connection cancellation process. In the section below, we are sharing the step-by-step guide that you have to follow;
- First of all, you have to call Wave Broadband customer support by dialing 1-866-928-3123
- It will be a waiting time of a few minutes, so once you are connected to the live agent, you have to explain your reason behind the call
- You have to be extremely firm about canceling the service (they will try to compensate you by offering promotional plans, so hold your ground)
- Once they agree that you can continue the account cancellation process, they will ask you for the key information about the account. There are chances that they will ask you for a registered contact number, social security number, or account number to verify that it’s you (they can also ask the security questions that you fill during the setup)
- Once you have provided all the verification details, just wait for the customer support representative to process your request and you will be done within a few minutes
On the other hand, if the customer support representative is not processing your account cancellation request, you can ask him to connect you with the manager – the manager will also try to persuade you but you’ve to be firm about it. Still, if they aren’t canceling your account, you can sue them in small claiming court – usually, you don’t have to go to such an extent as the customer support representative or the manager will process the cancellation request.
Things To Consider Before Canceling The Account
Before you put in the account cancelation request, make sure that you have cleared all the bills to prevent extra charges on the bill. In particular, the account cancelation request won’t be accepted until your dues are cleared. In addition, you should put in the cancelation request at the start of the billing cycle, so you don’t have to pay for the next month.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that you can cancel your Wave Broadband account anytime you want, as long as you’ve cleared all the dues. However, if you want, you can put the account on hold as there is a hibernation option available. With hibernation, the users can put the account on hold for a minimum of two months and a maximum of six months but there are separate hibernation charges that you’ve to pay.