Finding the Satellite with your Dish Tailgater is usually a hassle-free process but sometimes and in some areas, you may face issues. If you are experiencing difficulties while trying to find a satellite with your Dish Tailgater, here are a few things that you can do to resolve the issue.
Dish Tailgater Not Finding Satellite
1) Make Sure There are No Obstacles in the Way and Contact Customer Support if Required
The first thing that you need to ensure while tailgating is that you need to have a clear view of the southern sky. The antennas usually look for the Western Arc satellites. These satellites are found above the equator. They are usually south of Arizona and California. Sometimes they are even farther west above the Pacific Ocean. If there are any obstructions such as trees, buildings, other campers, or even mountains, you may face a signal loss issue.
In case you are using a portable antenna, you can move it to other areas to check if the signal is there. If you have checked all the settings of your antenna and you are still facing any issue with tailgating you may contact the manufacturer of your antenna. Alternatively, you can contact the Dish Outdoor Technical Support Team to help you fix the issue. You can contact Dish Outdoor Technical Support Team at 800-472-1039.
If you are looking for the customer support number for your antenna manufacturer, you can find it below.
- Contact 800-982-9920 for King Controls antennas.
- Contact 800-788-4417 for Winegard antennas.
- Contact 401-847-3327 for KVH antennas.
- Contact 801-895-3308 for RF Mogul antennas.
2) You May Need Reauthorization for Your Programming and Equipment
Just in case you already have the Dish Outdoors service, you will need to get the programming and the equipment reauthorized in case you have not used them for 14 days. One thing that may indicate that you need this reauthorization is that you may only be receiving the Dish promotional channels and PPV channels. You can reactive by following the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing that you need to do is to set the Dish Outdoors system. Make sure that you are receiving the satellite signals.
- The next thing that you will need to do is to sign in to your My Dish account. Once there select the Dish Outdoors option.
- The next thing that you will need to do is to find the button saying “REAUTHORIZE NOW.”
- Once you have found the button, press it to send the signal for reauthorization.
- Your service will be out for a few minutes. Allow at least 5 minutes for the reauthorization process to complete and your service to return.
In most of the cases where users face tailgating issues, usually, the problem lies with the location. Some obstacles usually prevent the tailgater from finding the satellite signals. However, there is a possibility that you are sure that no obstacles are in the way and you have tried the steps mentioned above and you may still face the issues. In such a situation, it is probably best to contact the Dish Outdoor support team or your antenna manufacturer.