Xfinity has become one of the top choices for everyone who has been looking for internet, voice, and smart home products. With this being said, they have designed the Xfinity voice remote through which users can change the network through voice commands and perform other functions. However, if the Xfinity voice command not working issue is bugging you, we have got you covered with the troubleshooting methods in this article!
Xfinity Voice Command Not Working
If you are not able to use the voice command on Xfinity, you need to start with the restart. In this case, you need to reset the box because it will optimize the network connection, and you will be able to stream content.
For everyone who cannot use the voice command on the Xfinity, you need to re-pair the box and remote by following the below-mentioned steps;
- Press and hold the setup button on the remote until it turns green
- Once the LED turns green, press the buttons in the sequence of 9,8, and 7
- Now, press the setup again and when the LED turns green, press the Xfinity button
- This will show up prompts on the screen, which you need to follow for re-pairing
- Now, try checking the voice command again, and it will start functioning properly
3) Wrong Setup
In case the re-pairing didn’t work out to fix the voice command issue, you need to set up the remote again by following the below-mentioned steps;
- Press and keep holding the setup button on the remote (keep pressing until the LED comes green)
- Now, press the Xfinity button, and the instructions will appear on the screen
- Once the window appears on the screen, you need to enter the three-digit code
- This will set up the remote, and the voice commands will start working when you use the voice control button
When it comes down to the unresponsive voice commands on your Xfinity remote, there are higher chances that the batteries have gone bad. With this being said, you need to take out the batteries from the remote and install them again securely because loose battery connections can impact the connection.
In addition, you should try replacing old batteries with a new one because they offer better performance and functionality. Also, we would like to say that don’t try to “charge” the batteries by putting them under the sun because excessive heat can result in a battery explosion.
If the voice command is still unresponsive, you can try resetting the Xfinity remote. To reset the remote, you need to press the diamond and triangle buttons together and keep pressing until the LED changes from a red color to green. Once the LED turns green, press the buttons in the precise sequence of 9, 8, and 1. Once you press these buttons, the blue light will blink three times, and the remote will be reset. This will probably fix the voice command issue. Also, keep in mind that this reset will remove the pairing, so you will need to re-pair the remote again.