If you are living within the USA and are looking for a reliable internet connection, you must have heard the name of Spectrum. Spectrum is a multi-service provider that not only provides one of the best Internet services across the country but also has pretty cool Cable TV, Home Phone and mobile phone packages. The reason for Spectrum’s popularity is its best quality network and top-notch deals that are unbeatable in terms of prices.
However, they have taken a step further to help the community in getting the internet. Undoubtedly the internet has become a necessity for every household and you cannot deny the importance of a home internet connection. Although, getting an internet connection can be tough if you are on a low income. The problem is solved through this great initiative of Spectrum, known as Spectrum Internet Assist. It provides the families with limited or low income with an opportunity to enjoy reliable, high-speed internet at best possible packages.
What is Spectrum Internet Assist
Spectrum Internet Assist is a program initiated by Spectrum to help the families on a low-income to get the right internet they need. Spectrum Internet Assist helps such families to enjoy premium internet features at a fraction of the cost. All you have to do is check if you qualify to be eligible for the program and you can apply to get a reliable, fast internet connection at a really affordable price.
Spectrum Internet Assist is a way to give back to the community by Spectrum. They offer some of the most premium and high-end features through their Internet Assist program that sounds too good to be true. To have a better insight on the features provided by the Spectrum Internet Assist program, you should have a detailed look at the following:
- If you qualify for the program and sign-up with Spectrum Internet Assist, you get a free modem installed upon activation.
- Spectrum Internet Assist provides a whooping 30mbps speed with no data caps at all.
- Unlike any other Telecom or ISP, Spectrum Internet Assist does not require you to sign some lengthy contracts that bound you for years. The simple Sign-up process is a great help and you can cancel anytime you want.
- They also provide home WIFI service that is optional at a minimal price. You can even enjoy WIFI with the Spectrum Internet Assist program.
How Does It work
The process of getting Spectrum Internet Assist is pretty simple and requires not much complications. All the qualification criteria are mentioned on the website for the user’s convenience. If you think that you might be eligible for the program, all you have to do is fill out a simple application form and if eligible, you will be contacted back by Spectrum to set-up the installation. After the installation, you get to enjoy the Spectrum High-speed Reliable in unbeatable prices. Sounds like a dream, right?
As easy as it may sound, there are certain criteria and limitations of this program that you must meet. Before we move on the process of how it works, and what is needed to be done to check the eligibility. Let’s have a look at their qualification criteria.
There are certain requirements that one or more than one member of a household must meet to qualify for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program. To have a better idea of these requirements, they have eased up the process. If one or more than one members of a household are on the following assistance programs, they might get qualified for the Spectrum Internet Assist program.
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) of NSLP
- Supplemental Security Income (for Applicants with age 65 or more only)
So, if there is a member in your household with any of the above income-assistance programs. There are chances that you might get qualified for the Spectrum Internet Assist. However, before applying for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program, you must be aware of certain limitations of this program as well.
Like any other Assistive Programs, Spectrum Internet Assist has its limitations as well. You will need to consider the following if you are thinking to apply for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program. These limitations will cause ineligibility for the program.
- The rules are not the same in all the states, and the same goes for the Spectrum Internet Assist Program. You will need to check with Spectrum if they support your area by entering your ZIP code on the page for Spectrum Internet Assist. There might also be chances that Spectrum Internet Assist is available in your area, but your income assistance does not qualify for it in your area specifically.
- Also, it may sound a bit harsh but certain income assistance programs are not supported by Spectrum Internet Assist. So, if you are on any of the programs that are not supported by Spectrum Internet Assist, you cannot qualify for it. These programs are mentioned on their website. You might have a look before getting your hopes high. These programs include Social Security Disability (SSD), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Social Security Retirement, Survivor benefits, and some other programs.
- Also, don’t forget that it is on their discretion to see you eligible for the program. Hence, even if you qualify all the metrics to be eligible for Spectrum Internet Assist, there are chances that you might get rejected by them for any reason.
Process to Apply
So, since you are clear on what Spectrum Internet Assist is and how does it work. If you think that you might be eligible for the program, the process to apply is fairly simple. You just have to follow the simple steps.
- Go to the website and read all the requirements carefully.
- Enter your ZIP code on the website to check eligibility of your area for the program.
- Download the application form available on the website, fill it and submit it to the Spectrum.
- If you are eligible and get selected, you will be contacted by Spectrum to move with the installation.
- Enjoy High-speed, reliable internet at the best possible price.