Your home is incomplete without TV, and Sharp TV has become an apt addition to every home. These TVs are extremely famous among people who need smart features but affordable TVs.
On the contrary, people are complaining about “Sharp TV won’t turn on after power outage.” Truth be told, it’s a common issue in areas where there are electrical issues. To help you fix the issue, we are sharing the solutions with you!
Sharp TV Won’t Turn On After Power Outage
When the Sharp TV stops working after a power outage, reset should be your first option. Keep in mind that resetting the Sharp TV will uninstall the apps but it can fix the switch-on issue. In case you want to move forward with the reset, follow the instructions mentioned below;
- First of all, open the settings by pressing the menu button on Sharp TV remote
- From the settings, move to system and then tap on factory reset
- Then, hit the play button (you can also press the OK button thrice)
On the other hand, if your TV is not switching on at all, you can opt for the hardware reset because it doesn’t need the screen. For a hard reset, follow the guidelines outlined in the section;
- Unplug your Sharp TV from the power source
- On the TV’s panel, press the input and channel down buttons on the panel
- While holding down these buttons, connect the Sharp TV to power source again
- You must keep holding the buttons until the TV switches on
- When the screen lights up, you need to open the service mode menu from the menu and tap on the factory reset button
- After pressing the factory reset button, hit the enter button, and the TV will switch off
- After this, the TV will switch on within a few minutes
2) Power Cord
When it comes down to the Sharp TV not switching on after the power outage, it’s better that you check the power cord. This is because the power cord can get damaged due to sudden fluctuations in the electricity connection.
That being said, you could use the multimeter to check the signal continuity of the power cords. If there are continuity issues, you have to replace the power cord. When you change the power cord, do buy it from the reputed brand because it directly influences the performance.
3) Power Source/Outlet
In some cases, the electricity outages and issues can result in damages to the power sources or outlets. That being said, if the Sharp TV won’t turn on, there are high chances that the power outlet has gone bad.
To rule out this issue, we suggest that you plug your Sharp TV into another power outlet. In case the TV works, you have to get your power outlet checked. If possible, the ideal option is to get the power source replaced.
4) Hardware Issues
The power outages usually cause fluctuations in the electrical signals and voltages. That being said, these changes in voltages can lead to fused components, hence the hardware issues. In that case, you have to call the technician, and he will be able to fix the fused component.