Whenever there is an internet connection issue, people tend to reboot their router as a reflex, really. On the other hand, there are some issues that need to be taken care of with the resetting. The resetting will delete all the customized settings, and you need to do set them again. So, in this article, we are sharing how you can reset the Windstream router and get rid of all internet issues!
How To Reset Windstream Router?
First of all, you will need to login to your router. For this step, you will need to open the browser and enter the router’s IP address. The IP address can be checked from the back of the router, along with login credentials, such as username and password. Even more, there are preconfigured wireless settings, such as SSID and password. Once you have this information, let’s jump to the next step!
Configuration Interface Of Router
This step is important because one needs to connect to the web interface of the router. In this case, follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Switch on the router and create a connection between router and computer (use the network cable)
- Now, open the browser and add the IP address in the address bar, which will open the login page
- Once the login page is open, use the username and password (from the back of the router), and it will open the web interface of the router
Resetting The Windstream Router
So, you have opened the web interface of the router, so now comes the step of resetting the router to factory default settings. In the section below, we have outlined the steps to follow, such as;
- On the router, press the factory reset button for around 15 to 20 seconds
- The router will be restarted after some time, and the default settings will be back
- Now, you can use the web interface to customize the settings again, such as;
- First of all, you need to change the username and password from the account page
- Then, you need to change the SSID name and password of your Wi-Fi
- For the people using DSL routers, they need to add the ISP username and password (check these details with your internet service provider)
- Also, you need to customize the IP address, scheduling, and port forwarding to offer a seamless connection to every essential device
During the reset process, you have to be a little careful. For instance, you shouldn’t switch off the router or unplug the power cord during the resetting procedure (even if it’s taking a long time). We are saying this because abrupt switch offs can lead to catastrophic damage to the Windstream router.