When it comes to plans and pricing, you’d rather go with a service that offers customizable packages based on your needs.
For example, if you normally expect to use a monthly data cap of 10GB, selecting a plan with higher or lower data is not what you want.
In either case, you’re paying more than you should, or you’re paying for something that doesn’t give you enough room for data usage.
If you’ve looked into other carriers, you may have discovered that not all of them are very flexible with their plans.
That is, you do not find what you are looking for. It’s either compromise on the data plan you choose or you end up paying more.
How To Downgrade FreedomPop:
FreedomPop is a service that provides you with both phone and data options. You can choose between their domestic and international plans, depending on your budget.
If you go with a primary carrier service, you’ll notice that you won’t be able to do as much with the bundle until the tenure is over.
That is, you cannot upgrade or downgrade in the middle; instead, you can choose another package after the previous one has finished.
However, at this point, FreedomPop provides little leverage.
In addition, even if your plan is still active, you can easily downgrade and upgrade it. However, it is subject to certain conditions, which will be discussed further in the article.
So, if you purchased a plan and realized halfway through that it was not going to work for you, you can choose another plan for yourself. Perhaps the bundle provided more data and phone services than was required.
So, if you’re wondering how to downgrade the FreedomPop plan for your account, we’re here to help. So, without further ado, let us get started on the article.
- Downgrade Option On Premium Plans:
Premium sim cards are an excellent way for FreedomPop to provide personalized options to its customers. You have the option of being a legacy sim owner or a premium user.
These Sims are typically designed for people who live in areas where the FreedomPop network is not well-served.
In our case, the carriers AT&T and T-Mobile. Because these primarily operate in the United States, if you live in an area where both Sims do not have adequate coverage, you should consider using the FreedomPop premium sim cards.
Because maintaining a good service in remote and underserved areas is difficult, FreedomPop gives its users little clout. That is, it gives you a slight advantage in changing your data bundle if it no longer suits you.
Since many of you will want to downgrade your plan in the middle, FreedomPop only offers this feature to its premium customers.
So, before you change your plans, make sure you qualify for this point. Premium sim card holders typically have a phone number that begins with the number 89014.
- How To Downgrade FreedomPop:
You are not alone if you dislike standing in line to contact customer service directly and then waiting for someone to respond.
Many of you would prefer a procedure that can be completed online without having to contact FreedomPop.
As a result, you can easily downgrade your account by logging into your FreedomPop account.
One thing to keep in mind is that if you change your plan, you will lose any remaining data, text messages, and phone minutes.
It is also recommended that you downgrade your plan when you reach the end of the billing cycle to use the maximum bundle; otherwise, you will lose any after the procedure.
- Simply go to com/my-lines on your browser and log in using your account credentials.
- Now, choose your phone line.
- On the left side of the page, you will see a Menu option. Click it and navigate to the Change Plan
- Next, on your currently active plan, select the See Details option.
- Now find the ‘I would like to downgrade to the free plan’ option and click it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Once you get the confirmation that the account has been downgraded you will need to disable it. This is because you can get into errors of getting billed for the plan even though you are on the free package.
- For this go to the My Account option and click on Services. Next, click navigates to the current services.
- Click See Details.
- Now go to the bottom of the page and you will find a Deactivate button. Click and check for confirmation.
Because your account has been downgraded, you are now using the FreedomPop free plan. However, you must renew your plan every month to avoid service interruptions.
- Renew Your Free Plans:
It is critical to monitor the renewal of your plan after you have downgraded your account. If you have not activated the AutoPay feature, you must make payments manually.
This is why you are likely to forget about your next payment. Furthermore, if you fail to bill your plan, you will experience service interruptions, which may result in the deactivation of your account. As a result of this.
- First, go to https://premium.FreedomPop.com/login and use your account credentials to log in.
- Once you see the home page you will see an alert message at the top of your screen for the renewal of service.
- Next, click the red alert and you will be guided for the billing of the plan.
- Disable Automatic Top-Ups:
In terms of keeping you informed about your billing and plan renewals, if you are dissatisfied with their automatic top-ups, you can easily get them off.
These helpful messages notify you when you have reached the limit of your plan and must begin exceeding it.
- Log in to your FreedomPop account and go to the Billing section from the menu.
- Next, navigate to Billing Settings and you will find the Automatic top-up button.
- Click the Edit button and a charge of $5 will stay on your account that will be used if you run over the data you’ve purchased.
6. Contact Customer Care:
Many of you have complained that you cannot see the downgrade option on your account.
You must first ensure that you are a premium user. It could also be a login glitch, so try logging in again and seeing if the option appears.
If you require further assistance, please call FreedomPop at 888-702-8302 and ask your questions. They will assist you with account-related issues, as well as plan and pricing for your account.
You can also email them at [email protected] if you have any questions about their service. Their attentive customer service will do everything possible to assist you in resolving your issues.