With the advent of wireless internet and network connections, Starlink has become a promising choice. This is because it has a satellite connection to make sure there are no compromises on the internet speed – it will ensure that you get direct signals from the satellites as long as the receiver is set up correctly. Coming back to the point, once the router is installed, you’ve to sign in to make changes to the network settings and set up the password and username. So, let’s see how you can sign in!
How Do I Log Into My Starlink Router?
Logging Into The Starlink Router
The Starlink router is basically a gateway to the satellite internet connection. To illustrate, the satellite receiver receives network signals from the satellite and transmits them to the router. Then, the router distributes these signals to the connected devices. That being said, you need to ensure the correct settings on the router. So, let’s see how you can log in to the router;
- First of all, you have to power up your router and connect it with the Ethernet cable – you’ve to plug this cable between the router’s bottom port and power supply port. When the cables are connected properly, the LED indicator will start glowing in the pulsing white color
- When the LED indicator becomes solid white and doesn’t pulse or blink, the software will be initialized, and the router will be ready for a login – it will take around two minutes
- You can connect to the router with the help of an SSID and password. Once the router establishes the internet connection, you will be able to sign in
- Once connected, open a web browser on the connected device and type 192.168.1.1 in the search bar on the top, and hit the enter button
- As a result, you will be taken to the login page of the router, so use your network credentials to sign in. If you are logging in for the first time, you can use “admin” as the default username and password to sign in
When you are logging into the router, you will be able to change the SSID as well as the password. In addition, you will be able to change the wireless bands and monitor the connected devices.
Unable To Login To The Router
At this point, you must be aware of the ways of logging into the router. However, if you are unable to log in, try out the following tips;
- Usually, you can use 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway to access the router’s login page. However, if this doesn’t work, you can try using 192.168.1.0 as it’s another gateway
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the router and the receiver to make sure the internet connection has been established. This is because the internet must be set up to ensure you can sign in
- Another method is to change your internet browser. Usually, the problem occurs when you use Safari or Firefox, so it’s recommended that you use Google Chrome to access the login page
So, are you ready to log in?