If you are a gamer or have a job, we are certain that you use the internet connection on your desktop. On the other hand, Orbi users are complaining about the desktop not staying connected to Orbi, which hinders the work.
In addition, it tends to reduce work productivity as well. So, to help you fix this issue, we are sharing the troubleshooting methods with you!
Desktop Not Staying Connected To Orbi
1) Internet Connections Troubleshooter
If the desktop doesn’t remain connected to the Orbi, the first option is to run the internet connections troubleshooter. For running the internet connections troubleshooter on the desktop, follow the instructions mentioned below;
- First of all, press the Windows key and S key on the keyword of your desktop, and it will open the search command
- In this box, you have to type “internet connections” and hit the “find and fix problems” option for opening the window
- Then, hit the advanced button for opening more options, and you need to click on “run as administrator”
- When you press on the run as administrator issue, tap on the automatic repair option and hit the next button
- As a result, the internet connection will be fixed, and Orbi won’t drop
2) Power Cycling
Before we move on to the details, you must understand that you have to power cycle the Orbi network as well as the PC. For power cycling, follow the instructions that we have mentioned in the section below;
- The first step is to switch off the laptop or desktop and then switch off Orbi router and modem
- When the devices are switched off, wait for two to five minutes
- After a few minutes, connect the modem to power connection
- Once the modem is rebooted and switched on, connect router to power
- When the router is switched on properly, switch on the desktop
- Now, the power cycle is complete, and you can connect to Orbi without dropping
3) Factory Reset
Yes, we are talking about resetting the Orbi router. This is because the Orbi router might have some internal settings error or configuration issues that are causing connection dropouts. Orbi router can be factory reset by pushing the reset button on the Orbi router with a paperclip.
In particular, you might have to press the reset button for a few seconds to complete the reset. After the reset, you will have to enter the internet settings again, and Orbi won’t have connection issues with the desktop.
4) Network Adapter
When the desktop doesn’t stay connected to Orbi internet, you must check if the network adapter is enabled or not. To illustrate, the network adapter must be enabled for the Orbi connection to work properly. If you don’t know how to enable the network adapter on desktop, follow the below-mentioned guidelines;
- Right-click on the start button of your desktop and choose the run option
- It will open a new box, and you have to enter ncpa.cpl in the box and press the OK button. As a result, the network connections will open up
- Now, look for Orbi network adapter and right-click on it
- Right-clicking the network adapter will open the context menu, so choose the enable button, and the network adapter will be switched on. All in all, switching on the network adapter will ensure that the desktop is connected to the Orbi connection.