Lenovo Group Limited is a Chinese global innovation organization with a home office in Beijing. The organization structures create, fabricates, and sells PCs, tablet PCs, cell phones, workstations, servers, electronic capacity gadgets, IT the board programming, and TVs.
It displays the ThinkPad and Think-Book business lines of journal PCs; Idea-Pad, Yoga, and Legion purchaser lines of scratchpad workstations; and the Idea-Centre and Think-Centre lines of work areas.
What is Lenovo Utility?
Lenovo Utility is a product program created by Lenovo. The most common version is version 188.8.131.52, with over 98% of all installations right now utilizing this software. During the setup, the program makes a startup enlistment point in Windows to start when any client boots the PC.
Some Idea-Centre Lenovo machines that use this software are:
- Legion Y520-15IKBN from the Legion Series
- 100, 300 500, 700 Series.
- B, E, Edge, Flex, G, N, P, S, S, U, V, Y, Yoga, and the Z Series.
The executable program is named “utility.exe”. The setup bundle introduces around five records and is for the most part about 2.26 MB (2,367,771 bytes). Comparative with the general use of the individuals who have this installed, most are running it on Windows 10.
While about 79% of clients of Lenovo Utility originate from the United States, it is likewise famous in the United Kingdom and Italy.
This software includes the following files:
Utility.exe is not fundamental for Windows and will frequently cause issues. The utility.exe record is situated in a subfolder of “C:\Program Files (x86)” (for the most part C:\Program Files (x86)\Lenovo\Energy Management\ or C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\IdeaOSDPackage\x64\). Realized document estimates on Windows 10/8/7/XP are 911,272 bytes (22% everything being equal), 6,193,152 bytes, and 44 additional variations. https://www.file.net/process/utility.exe.html
It is anything but a Windows center document. The program has no obvious window. The record is a Verisign marked document. The document has a computerized signature. Utility.exe can record console and mouse sources of info and screen applications. Therefore, the specialized security rating is 45% extremely hazardous.
What does it do?
You can deal with your Wi-Fi connector, Bluetooth, webcam, sound yield, Dolby settings, and so forth. You can likewise change the force used, see framework data, and even alter the capacity keys. Backing hotkeys of the console and on-screen show on Windows 10 for Lenovo Notebook items, ex. Camera protection mode, touchpad on/off, caps lock, number lock, and so forth.
It was offered at first as a preloaded application that included a power management option choice, particularly on newer PCs. It just includes spring up windows when you press Caps Lock or Number Lock, as in Linux Mint cinnamon.
Moreover, it offers camera privacy switch, flight mode on/off, the volume of the mic, etc. This program runs out of sight and no UI is displayed. Messages appear in the screen captures.
Flight-mode function integration was introduced in the 184.108.40.206 version of Lenovo utility. After installing this utility, it is required to uninstall the old flight mode driver, manually (If your computer has) by following the steps below. It can fix a BSOD 0x18 issue brought about by a similarity issue between flight mode driver and RS2 OS:
- First, you have to go to Control> framework and security-> framework > device director.
- Then, find the Lenovo V-hid Device in the device director.
- After that, double click Lenovo V-hid Device and the UMDF HID mini-driver Device will appear.
- Right-click on UMDF HID mini-driver Device, and select Uninstall on the correct menu.
- On the popped up message box click the “Confirm Device Uninstall” button, check the delete button, and delete the driver programming for this device, click the “OK” button, and the uninstall procedure will begin.
You can stop the Lenovo Utility program by using the Task Manager if you don’t want it to run in the background. The following steps explain how to remove the pop-up screen indicator for Caps lock or Number lock with Idea-pad and Lenovo V, B, K, E series notebooks:
- Enter Windows. Then Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to begin Task Manager.
- Change to the Startup tab and explore to Lenovo Utility. Right-click the utility and select Disable.
- Reboot the PC. The marker should not show anymore. To bring the marker back, turn Lenovo Utility back on.
Solution #2: (Only appropriate for Lenovo V, B, K, E arrangement note pads)
- Right-click the work area – > Screen goals or Display settings.
- Open advanced settings (If you have Windows 10: Display connector properties, Screen Configurations tab).
- Click the On-Screen Display tab.
- Uncheck the Enable on-screen show box.
While many think of it as bloatware, they prefer to uninstall it as it does not offer any productive function and is pretty much not required for their work. So in order to uninstall the Lenovo Utility software, one has to consider the following steps:
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen’s base left corner), click Control Panel, and afterward, under Programs, do one of the following:
- For Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- For Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- When you discover the program Lenovo Utility, click it, and afterward do one of the following:
- If you have Windows Vista/7/8, then you are supposed to Click Uninstall.
- If you have Windows XP, then you have to Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to one side of the program).
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar is displayed that gives you to what extent it will take to uninstall and evacuate the Lenovo Utility programming.