Netflix streaming is one of the most common activities for everyone, but with the increasing number of people using Netflix, it has become prone to multiple errors. One such error code is 1001, and if you don’t know how to fix Netflix error 1001, we are here with various solutions!
How To Fix Netflix Error 1001
1. Reboot The Device
For the most part, the error code 1001 can be resolved by rebooting the device that you are using for streaming Netflix. If you are using the iOS devices, you can follow the instructions below that can help you reboot the device, such as;
- Press the side button and volume buttons of the device and hold them at once. You need to press these buttons until the slider appears on the screen
- Drag the slider on the right side to switch off the device
- On the other hand, if the slider doesn’t appear, you need to press the sleep/wake button and hold it until a red slider appears and drag it
- When the device switches off, you need to press the same button again, and the device will switch on
- When the device switches on, you can try Netflix again
2. Reinstall The App
Deleting the Netflix app and reinstalling it again will help optimize the streaming experience. However, before you share the instructions for deleting the reinstalling the Netflix app, we need to share that all the downloaded movies and TV shows will be deleted. So, let’s see the instructions below;
- Open the home screen of your device, and tap and hold the app
- Click on the remove button and then press the delete button – it will delete the Netflix app
- Then, open the app store on your device and use the search bar to search for Netflix
- Then, just click on the install button and wait for the app to be installed
- Once Netflix is installed, you have to use the account credentials for signing in to the Netflix account
Keep in mind that if you reinstall the Netflix app, you might have to add the Apple ID’s password and username in case you are using the iOS device. On the other hand, if you are using an Android device, you have to accept the terms and conditions.
3. Close The Background Apps
There are times when people have too many apps opened on the device, but these apps can lead to functionality issues with Netflix. For this reason, we suggest that you clear the background apps and make sure that only the Netflix app is in use. In addition to clearing the background apps, you can also reboot the device as it helps clear all the background processes as well as the apps, which helps improve the streaming performance.
It is needless to say that an anti-virus app or program is important to ensure there are no hacking attempts and data theft issues. However, these anti-virus apps can often cause interference with the internet connection, hence the error code. For this reason, we suggest that you disable the anti-virus!