Google Voice is a savior for people who always miss out on the calls since it allows the users to check the voicemail messages from the phone number. The users can link the work phone, mobile phone, and home landline phone. However, some people also ask how to disable Google Voicemail for a specific phone and we are sharing the instructions!
How To Disable Google Voicemail?
For the most part, disabling Google Voicemail is pretty easy and you can do it as long as you have a steady internet connection. So, if you have an internet connection, follow the below-mentioned instructions to disable Google Voicemail, such as;
- To begin with, you have to log into the account by opening the Google Voice website
- When you are logged in, choose the main menu button from the top-left corner
- Now, you have to scroll through the page, and at the bottom, tap on Legacy Google Voice
- The next step is to look for the gear button on the page (it is generally available on the top-right corner) and hit the settings
- Then, choose the phones tab and tap on the “deactivate voicemail” that you want the voicemails to disable Google Voice for
If you disable the Google Voice account number, there are various things that you need to keep in mind. For instance, if you have transferred the current mobile number into Google Voice as the Google Voice number, you won’t be able to delete it. In addition, canceling the Google Voice number will not delete the voicemails and messages. However, if you want to delete the voicemails and messages, you can delete them manually.
Canceling The Google Voice Number
In addition to disabling the Google Voicemail, you can try canceling the number (yes, the Google Voice number). For this purpose, you can follow the instructions from this section;
- The first guideline is to open the Google Voice official page and sign in to your account
- Now, tap on the three lines logo on the top-left corner of the screen (it’s the main menu button) and the menu will open up
- From the menu, scroll down to settings
- From the settings, you can open the phones section and look for the Google Voice number
- Tap on the number and click on the “delete” option. As a result, you will be shifted to the legacy version
- In the legacy version, look for the Google Voice number and press the delete button again
- As a result, a new pop-up box will appear that states how you will be impacted if you delete the number. So, if you are fine with the outcome and still want to delete the number, tap on the proceed button
When the proceed button is pushed in, the Google Voice number will be canceled. Keep in mind that you cannot sign up for a new number for at least ninety days. However, if you want the number, you can reclaim the same old number during the ninety-day period. If you don’t claim the number, it will be up for claiming for other people.