Vonage is one of the best solutions for people who need a two-in-one solution. This is because it’s a phone adapter that can be connected with the current broadband internet connection to offer telephone services for two phone numbers and fax numbers. Since it needs to be connected to the internet, let’s see how you can establish the connection!
How To Connect Vonage To Wi-Fi
It doesn’t matter if you are setting up the Vonage for the first time or after moving places; you need to have the correct equipment available. Vonage box features the phone adapter, power supply, Ethernet cable, and the quick start guide. In addition to this, you need a telephone cord, an Ethernet cable for connecting the modem to the router and computer, and a high-speed internet connection.
When you take out the Vonage adapter, you will see multiple ports on the backside, and all of them are color-coded, which makes it easier to set it up. In fact, there is a phone 2 port that can be used to connect an additional fax number or a phone number. Now, let’s see how you connect Vonage to your internet connection;
Method 1: Connecting Vonage To The Modem
If you are using the modem to establish an internet connection, you can use the following instructions to establish the connection;
- Disconnect the power cord of your modem and leave it connected to the DSL and cable line that supplies the internet connection. In addition, you have to disconnect the current Ethernet cable which connects the modem to the router and computer
- Then, connect the current Ethernet cable to the yellow port (Ethernet port) of Vonage
- Use the Ethernet cable and connect its one end to the blue port and connect the second end to the LAN port of your modem
- Now, connect the power cord of the modem to the power source and wait for thirty seconds to establish the connection
- Then, just wait for the LED on the Vonage to become blue
- Connect the phone cable to the green port of your Vonage adapter
- You are done, so just pick up the telephone, and you will hear the dial tone
Method 2: Connecting Vonage To The Router
On the other hand, if you are utilizing the router for connecting to the internet, this section has step-by-step instructions for you, such as;
- First of all, you need to connect an Ethernet cable to the internet router. If there is a port available on the router, you can connect the Vonage-supplied Ethernet cable to the blue port on the adapter and connect its other end to the Ethernet port of your router
- Connect your Vonage box to an orange power port and connect its plug into the power source
- Now, just wait for the adapter’s telephone LED on the box to achieve a blue color
- Connect the phone cord to the green port (phone 1) on the adapter
- Lastly, just try, and you will hear the dialing tone
These are all the steps that you can take to connect your Vonage to the Wi-Fi. However, if there is an issue, contact Vonage customer support!