Hosted Voice Mobile Capability adds a new dimension to hosted Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services which are being more commonly used by larger businesses to cut costs on telephony and long distance calling while increasing productivity. Hosted Voice Mobile Capability was recently launched by MegaPath to provide more flexibility for business users while maintaining the low cost of VoIP services.
The new service provided by MegaPath offers services which are typically reserved for larger companies that implement VOIP systems. With the new Hosted Mobile Voice Capability smaller sized businesses can also take advantage of state-of-the-art quality calling while enjoying flexible features which include visual voicemail, one-number VoIP calling from multiple devices, and other features that make conducting business on the go much easier.
Megapath Hosted Voice Mobile Capability Features
When you implement Hosted Voice Mobile Capability each user that is connected to the network can configure and customize call routing in real time using a Web portal that is easy to manage and use on a regular basis. You get to use one VoIP number and when the calls originate from that number they are routed through your Web interface to the locations that you configure in the Web portal. Other features which are offered include:
- MegaPath Anywhere: This feature allows you to use any device to make and receive phone calls regardless of whether it is from your PC desktop or smartphone. You can also transfer an existing phone call to any device you choose including a telephone in the conference room without worrying about the call being disconnected.
- Visual Voicemail: The visual voicemail feature allows you to view your voicemail messages through your email client. The message appears in your email as a transcript with the name of the caller and their telephone number in the subject line of the email message.
- Find Me/Follow Me: When you use Find Me/Follow Me the Find Me feature will forward your phone calls to numbers and devices that you designate in the Web interface. You can also choose to place the numbers and devices in sequential order or you can configure the settings to call all devices at the same time. The Follow Me feature will allow you to configure your calls in the Web interface so they follow you around throughout your workday. This feature will forward calls to numbers you designate based on the time of day so you are assured of never missing an important phone call.
- Portal Dialing: With portal dialing you can choose telephone numbers in your Web portal and then call them from the portal on your mobile phone. The telephone calls will appear to the recipient as originating from your office even if you are working in a remote location.
- High Definition Voice: Using the high definition voice-enabled calling option your calls are high quality, have increased clarity, and are delivered with innovative high-fidelity sound.
These are a few of the features which are offered by Hosted Voice Mobile Capability. The mobile integration is part of a larger picture known as Hosted VoIP which allows businesses and larger companies to implement modern and flexible telephony using the same broadband connection that you use to connect to the Internet. If you use a hosted VoIP service provider the actual infrastructure for the telephone system is provided on their private network which significantly reduces your technology costs.
Hosted VoIP services offer different calling plans and if you want to take advantage of the Hosted Voice Mobile Capabilities it is usually included as an advanced option with some of the calling plans. All you have to do is make sure it is included in the plan you want to use.
As the use of mobile devices continues to increase and VoIP services expand, many companies feel the mobile phone will become the office communications tool of choice as workers become increasing mobile. The inception of Hosted Voice Mobile Capabilities answers the dilemma of PBX extensions for smaller companies that do not have the budgets to implement the infrastructure. PBX functionality or Private Branch Exchange is used in traditional phone systems for call forwarding, call conferencing, and other features that allow you to transfer calls and messages from a traditional desk phone to a mobile device when an employee is working in a remote location.
The low cost of VoIP coupled with the lack of necessity for a PBX system places VoIP within reach of many companies without breaking their technology budget. Hosted Voice Mobile Capabilities simply sweeten the deal and provide more convenience and flexibility for companies that wish to employ telecommuters or a mobile workforce. Add video calling and conferencing capabilities into the mobile mix and you have a recipe for increased productivity within the company while cutting costs on telephony, travel expenses, and much more.